Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 09:56 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,101,233 times

Advertisements

Let us say, if I add saving account to Citibank and Paypal, both Citibank and Paypal make two small deposits and one withdraw, total is 6 transactions. Are those 6 transactions considered ACH transfers?

Because I do have three other ACH transfers (withdraw) after adding the saving account to Citibank/Paypal, just making sure I don't go above 6 ACH transfers.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 09:57 AM

105,806 posts, read 107,799,717 times
every transaction is counted

Old 10-26-2018, 10:06 AM

1,914 posts, read 2,225,018 times
It is my understanding that only withdrawals from savings accounts are counted. Deposits don't count against your limit.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:13 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,101,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
It is my understanding that only withdrawals from savings accounts are counted. Deposits don't count against your limit.
Not cash deposit, it is electronic deposit. I think it is ACH transfer. It sounds like electronic money transfer between BANKS is counted as ACH transfer. But some other electronic deposits may not be counted as ACH transfer, such as salary deposit, since it is NOT between banks.

I am not sure.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:15 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,969,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post

Yes, what I was going to say.

I have an intermediary account linked to my Paypal. There is never more than $200 at a time in the account. NO WAY would I link my main account directly to PP, too many scammers out there. Limit your potential losses.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:28 AM

6,561 posts, read 11,195,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
Let us say, if I add saving account to Citibank and Paypal, both Citibank and Paypal make two small deposits and one withdraw, total is 6 transactions. Are those 6 transactions considered ACH transfers?

Because I do have three other ACH transfers (withdraw) after adding the saving account to Citibank/Paypal, just making sure I don't go above 6 ACH transfers.

Thanks.
You can verify with your FI - but I believe Chaofan is correct. Reg D only impacts withdrawals. The whole point is to make sure FI's have enough reserves. So bringing money into the savings account isn't an issue. Thus - it'll likely only hit two of your 6 for the month.

Also - it isn't tied to just ACH - but a number of electronic means. Simply pulling money out of Savings and into Checking (via OLB) at the same institution will count as well.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,252,409 times
I agree that only withdrawals are counted. If you wanted to put money into your account each day they would be happy. The idea is to keep the money in the account.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:09 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,541,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
every transaction is counted
Hey dude, with capital one & PNC savings only the withdrawals count. My PNC savings account was tied to the minion who went to college out of state. we usually did 8-9 deposits every month. no problem.

the withdrawals are what counted. these are the only two banks that I know of.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:14 PM

31,647 posts, read 26,497,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post

Thanks.
As others have stated, it is only transfers/withdrawals *OUT* of a savings account that matter.

If you make too many within a given period first time you'll be sat down and explained about TOS for savings accounts and so forth. Should things continue financial institution (by law IIRC) will request or just outright shut down savings account.

Ironically these rules/laws about savings account withdrawals apply to various over draft schemes from banks where funds are automatically transferred from savings to checking. Again do that too many times so it causes one to bump up against or exceed total of six withdrawal transactions, and result will be same as above. This and or a combination of over draft protection and or any other withdrawal/transfer of funds out of savings account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance