U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 10:14 PM

6,942 posts, read 3,031,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
put aside money when you are making $200k knowing that you may not always make $200k? buy things that you could afford the upkeep on a lower salary if needed, though it's pretty much gossip in his case since its in the past, and hindsight and all that at this point

he could sell and rebuy it later on if he wanted it back. it is costly but he wouldn't be on the street during the process either
We are debt free and have lots of savings. I just dont want to draw it down. We were not able to save so much that i could retire in my late 30's. I just hate the fact that SO many jobs are for extraverts and so few for introverts so these pedestrian jobs that I take litterally suck the life out of me. Co-workers jumping around smiling, "how can I help you" for 11/hr, I dont care about these people. Its brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 10:22 PM

25,959 posts, read 28,374,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
We are debt free and have lots of savings. I just dont want to draw it down. We were not able to save so much that i could retire in my late 30's. I just hate the fact that SO many jobs are for extraverts and so few for introverts so these pedestrian jobs that I take litterally suck the life out of me. Co-workers jumping around smiling, "how can I help you" for 11/hr, I dont care about these people. Its brutal.
All of us introverts hate that. Sorry, evolution favors extroversion.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You mean de-evolution, these are pedestrian jobs, no one is splitting the atom at these jobs. The problem is this is what is available.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:25 AM

25,959 posts, read 28,374,816 times
Quote:
You mean de-evolution, these are pedestrian jobs, no one is splitting the atom at these jobs. The problem is this is what is available.
Well if it's de-evolution, eventually nature will correct it. I think God / Nature's about to hit the reset button in a whole lotta ways.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 AM

15,254 posts, read 16,777,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Did I or did I not thanks people for their suggestions? I have more than once.

Not everyone can just up & move guys. I'm the only offspring to my now 80 yr old mother. I've had to drive her to a place here & there so I want to be here for her. Her & I talk on the phone daily. We're very close. I've never wanted to live anywhere else in my life anyway. My dad passed 3 yrs ago, so I'm not just going to up & leave her all alone. She has no one else to depend on. And yes, it's legit. I started a couple of threads in the Grief & Mourning section of this board. Here's one of them back in 2015:

My Father Passed Away

My parents weren't wealthy, but they've sacrificed & saved me a bit of money. I'm not touching it & haven't. That's for later on in life. I was in a car accident w/ my mom when I was 2 yrs old. I got a tad of money & to this day, barely used any of it. I don't want to use up any money now. I'll work & pay any bills, rent, etc. I have now.

I've thought about starting a youtube channel for about the last couple or so yrs now. I should just learn more about it & do it. I wish I had started 10 yrs ago. Nowadays, there are millions cosmetics, fashion, etc. channels out there, so I'd have to think of something really, really unique that would stand out.

Someone said I'm still asking about sources (to assumably buy). What have I asked about lately after mid to late-Nov? Either way, a person can talk about a lamborghini & never buy one. I don't want to buy another thing of anything unless it's a need. But, sure, do I still like clothes & fashion & talking about it. Yes.
It's interesting that you focus on the suggestion that you move, which is the most difficult fix, but ignore the suggestions to put yourself on a budget and stop spending so much money on clothes and fashion, which is easy. Your situation is fixable, if you want to fix it.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:11 AM

13,746 posts, read 7,286,894 times
Quote:
Well if it's de-evolution, eventually nature will correct it. I think God / Nature's about to hit the reset button in a whole lotta ways.

Yeah, watering crops with Brawndo is an issue.

(Idiocracy movie reference)

Old 12-05-2018, 08:32 AM

7,198 posts, read 4,093,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Yeah, watering crops with Brawndo is an issue.
But it has what plants crave! Electrolytes!

Old 12-05-2018, 09:32 AM

9,979 posts, read 4,590,199 times
Quote:
evolution doesn't favor it, but society does... social and society share the same root for a reason, can't build a society without being social

if everyone kept to themselves, there would be no need to bunch together under the same umbrella of hierarchy/power

over on the work and employment forum, people wonder why extroverts do better in jobs, people tend to let things slide for someone they like. if someone doesn't have at least that much social skills, its death by a thousand cuts as each coworker nitpicks at everything. And yes, employers will let go of a "problem" person because its either keep 1 person or lose the team. Though a lot of it is people thinking poor social skills is a result of being an introvert, which isn't the case.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:40 AM

9,979 posts, read 4,590,199 times
Quote:
most of the jobs that aren't day shift are geared towards introverts. but everyone wants everything right? Won't give up something to get something they want. How much does someone want to work the same 9-5 as everyone else? What they give up is that they have to be around everyone else.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
evolution doesn't favor it, but society does... social and society share the same root for a reason, can't build a society without being social

if everyone kept to themselves, there would be no need to bunch together under the same umbrella of hierarchy/power

over on the work and employment forum, people wonder why extroverts do better in jobs, people tend to let things slide for someone they like. if someone doesn't have at least that much social skills, its death by a thousand cuts as each coworker nitpicks at everything. And yes, employers will let go of a "problem" person because its either keep 1 person or lose the team. Though a lot of it is people thinking poor social skills is a result of being an introvert, which isn't the case.
I completely agree, I have good social skills but its mentally exhausting to be in a job where you are on all day. I had a good 13 year run in engineering and went out for drinks etc but most of my day was at a cubicle crunching numbers not dancing around and smiling all the time.

So yes introverts can have social skills but after about 5 hrs dealing with the public I would just start saying rude sarcastic stuff to customers. It was even more frustrating when they thought it was funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or