Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,062 times

Advertisements

Input please; good or bad.

Yes it's MLM and I know that. What's its real value if I were to consider using it? Anyone with any experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 PM

268 posts, read 817,188 times
I have them thru work. It sucks. I asked a question and the attorney didn't know half as much as I did. BIG WASTE OF MONEY!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 PM

209 posts, read 584,911 times
We have it here is Seattle and they have been useful for parking tickets. I know its a franchise that have geographical regions. Not sure where you are from.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Put the money in your saving account and save for any future problems. We had it offered at work years ago, I have yet to ever have need for an attorney so it would have been a waste.
Unless you are a bad guy and expect to need an attorney, why pay for one...?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,062 times
Interesting thoughts, thanks. I've researched it a bit and it gets mixed reviews. Being the "amway" of legal services I suspect those that whoop it up the most are likely the ones getting some comish off it as well. Looks also that a lot of the general serviced they offer are available to anyone who does a bit of research. IDENTITY THEFT seems to be the big selling point now, but I already know that I can freeze my credit report....what else will they suggest; that I shred my cc offer mailings??

So far I have mixed thoughts on it. I see some possible benefits if you wanted to use it and clearly if you play the MLM game and sell it to others you can make some coin but you have to have the right mind set for that type of salemanship also.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
Instead of shredding CC offers, get off the lists.
Prescreened Offers of Credit and Insurance
It's kind of hard to use and you have to read the fine print to complete the form or you can call. But once you get through it, it really, really works. I went from having to shred 2-4 mailings a day to nothing.
As far as pre-paid legal goes, you're better off using the local bar association's Find a Lawyer program. They match you up with a lawyer who handles whatever it is you need and you get a 30 minute initial consultion for $25 or so.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM

516 posts, read 1,887,711 times
I had PPL once, many years ago. I don't know what it's like now, but it was quite useful at the time, and well worth the money.

I think a lot depends on the law firm you end up getting.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM

593 posts, read 2,439,115 times
When a basic web search turns up recommended search phrases like scam, pyramid scheme, complaints, fraud, you've got to think hmmmm...maybe this isn't all its cracked up to be

Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
We have it at our office. It is a great and affordable way for us to send demand, collection or cease and desist letters. We have had a good experience with them in that way.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
We have it at our office. It is a great and affordable way for us to send demand, collection or cease and desist letters. We have had a good experience with them in that way.
What was I missing?

I sent a cease and desist/validation of debt letter to a collector (that would be RPM of Bothell, WA, if you ever run into them) last week endthat evidently tried to double dip me for a bill I paid off after I closed down my business in '03...all my from own fax machine right next to my desk here.

I did not break a sweat, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance