Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 10:43 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,179 times

Advertisements

How is somebody with debt and expenses over their monthly income suppose to save any money. Or even budgeting for that matter. If you only paying your necessary expenses and your Credit Cards and Car loans, and have nothing or less then nothing left over, what do you do? We have 2 cars because there is no reliable or safe public transportation that can take us to work and to and from the babysitter everyday. We have internet because of work ans school. Not for entertainment.
"Karla with a K" has written some really good things on this thread. And would love her advice.
I am paying ruffly 700 dollars a month to my unsecured debt. And 500 dollars a month to secured debt. I have an appointment with CCCS on Tuesday to hopefully enter their DMP program. DO you Karla or any other person familiar with CCCS, know if they recomend me to bring all my "debt" or just the unsecured one? I am not late on my secured debt ( carloans )and the interest is low ( around 5 % ) but the payments are very steep. I could really benefit from a reduction of 300 - 400 dollars a month in debt payments. Is that even possible with CCCS?
Thanks in advance.

And to all of you who is struggling everyday to get by to suport yourself and your family. There are many of us out there and you can always come here for support. I even would suggest citydata to give financial hardship its own forum.

Last edited by redwine; 11-13-2008 at 11:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
They will tell you to bring all of your unsecured debt. Not car loans though. They don't/wont do anything with that. You may want to bring the info anyways, because they are going to work a budget out for you for everything, so you will need the amounts.

As I stated in the other thread, I had about 7-8k in credit card debt, and my payment was 205 a month I believe. And that wasn't enough, as Circuit City declined the proposal they sent. So you can use that as a rough guide for your situation.

Also, as I stated in the thread, it will take you a very, very long time to pay these debts off, as you will be paying the barest of minimums. Don't let them tell you that it will all be gone in 4 years of whatever. That is the best of estimates if everyone drops it to 0% interest, which I can 100% guarantee that they wont, and if they remove past finance charges and fees, which they wont.

How do I know this.
A. I did a DMP on my own previously.
B. I worked in the CCCS and Hardship Depts of one of the worlds largest Credit Card companies.

Again, have you called the credit cards to inquire? I can tell you, that our hardship plans were almost identical to CCCS, without you making the payments to them and paying the extra monthly fee. Looked better on your credit, and lots of other things that would benefit you more than a CCCS program will.

Do what fits your situation the best, but you should research the horror stories about CCCS programs.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
redwine
I just posted some answers to your question over in your other thread
Hopefully there is light in the en of the tunnel

karla

Old 07-02-2011, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,243 times
Default The plants are not provided with any support

The plants are not provided with any support so that they make a thick layer of growth which will cover a wide area of the bank[url=http://www.fruktt.net].[/url]

Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM

95 posts, read 315,729 times
Better file bankruptcy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance