U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 AM

6,808 posts, read 11,789,600 times
Quote:
Um yes it is a deep depression.
This is not even close to a depression!!! do you see people lined around the streets at soup kitchens? the Milwaukee brewers for example are drawing more fans this year than last year and they will draw more than 3 million in two years in a row and also the brewers sold 2 million tickets before the season even started.

people who say this is a depression are half empty kind of people and usually aren't happy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 AM

10,427 posts, read 29,099,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
This is not even close to a depression!!! do you see people lined around the streets at soup kitchens? the Milwaukee brewers for example are drawing more fans this year than last year and they will draw more than 3 million in two years in a row and also the brewers sold 2 million tickets before the season even started.

people who say this is a depression are half empty kind of people and usually aren't happy people.
Oh yes it is a depression by all accepted measureable standards (except yours). And yes I do see people lining the streets for food. Go drive by the churches and shelters and tell me what you see. Oops sorry you will never get the chance to drive by, you are lucky enough to have a job....still. There are

Think of it this way. In our parents time, people stood outside on street corners selling apples for a few pennies. Fast foward to today and look at highly educated well dressed middle aged men standing on street corners flipping advertising signs for $50 a day.

There are 5 million Americans out of work. And that is what your govt tells us. Do you believe them? Few do as your politicians and cops lie like it was tasty. It is probably closer to 10 million especially when you add in all those who do not count in govt statistics like the self employed and those who just gave up looking for work.

Yea I remember you started this thread and got slammed all the way through till it died and then some troll revived it.

Open your eyes man, people are hurting out there. Have some freakin love for your fellow human being.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,572,502 times
Well, where I work, the pace has slowed disturbingly and we're currently trying to go to work share so that we don't have to lay off people until things pick up---and it doesn't look like they'll even pick up until next year.....so it's only a matter of time before things hit. You never know where you stand in the path of the wave.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:39 AM

6,808 posts, read 11,789,600 times
Quote:
Go drive by the churches and shelters and tell me what you see. Oops sorry you will never get the chance to drive by, you are lucky enough to have a job....still. There are

Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,050,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Oh yes it is a depression by all accepted measureable standards (except yours).
No, it isn't. We are most certainly not in a depression and that won't change just because you keep saying that we are.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
No, it isn't. We are most certainly not in a depression and that won't change just because you keep saying that we are.
You are so wrong.....and employed. Lucky you but way too gulable believing your govt. I believe nothng they say. I just look at the facts and some day you will be a victim of the depression. Unless you have one of those featherbedding jobs working for the govt

Old 07-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Ya know something? I could probably call you what you really are here and the anti free speech people would let me slide. Hell they would probably all REP me. You made a whole lot of enemies here.

The only thing worse then your big shot attitude is some one might actually be married to you.

Last edited by desertsun41; 07-02-2009 at 05:35 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,050,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You are so wrong.....and employed. Lucky you but way too gulable believing your govt. I believe nothng they say. I just look at the facts and some day you will be a victim of the depression. Unless you have one of those featherbedding jobs working for the govt
I'm sorry that you have such a bitter attitude, but you shouldn't let it get in the way of rational thought and analysis. If you take a step back and look around, you'll see that the US is not in a depression at all.

And no, I certainly do not work for the government.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:27 PM

21,658 posts, read 27,591,498 times
I do expect that we will get into a 'depression'.

However this, so far is nothing like a depression.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:42 PM

7,090 posts, read 7,016,890 times
I'm sorry you are mad that people have jobs now Desertsun41, but jealousy green is not becoming for anyone...and those who don't agree with you have the same right to free speech as you. I hope you use this time to reevaluate where you career is and move to a more positive direction. Maybe a more positive and less blame filled attitude will help secure a new happier position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance