U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:12 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,191,123 times

Advertisements

more Customer Service reps in Pakistan and India. Taking away jobs for Americans, while they charge 25% interest.

Cut up your cards! save for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,897,970 times
The Bank of America is a traitor bank, been known for decades for its poor service, high fees and general disregard for customer relations. That they outsource isn't too much of a surprise.
HSBC bank (my former employer) is now dividing it's customers between high level and low level by its estimation and the high level customers (this is in Great Britain) get routed to call centers in the UK that speak properly. The low level customers get routed to Indian call centers.
That's banking nowadays.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM

The Bank of America is a traitor bank, been known for decades for its poor service

Yep- couldnt have said it better.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 PM

942 posts, read 2,329,523 times
I really believe that American companies that out source there employement/service to othe companies should pay a penalty in taxes or something. I read somewhere that a lot of hospital send there MRI's and other radiology films via internet to India to get read after hours to cut costs. These thing are happening more and more everyday. Most Americans are not making ends meat on there salaries and big goverment doesnt care. Free trade.... is it really free trade when it is hurting our country so?????

Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 PM

6 posts, read 36,432 times
Thank you!! Bank of America is our bank and not by choice - in the dark ages we had Barnett Bank which became NationsBank which became Bank of America. Our mortage was with NationsBank until it wsa acquired by Bank of America. Our business (also Barnett Bank) and personal, everything is Bank of America.

We used Quick and Reilly as our broker ... guess what? Yup acquired by Bank of America.

Re outsourcing - if you don't like what American companies are doing, then we need to cut up every major credit card, cease doing business with major banks, cease using cell phones, or major phone companies, ... case in point - we work for a major telecommunications company. I send my invoice to headquarters in the United States but it gets processed in China.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM

549 posts, read 2,154,410 times
Also alot of Banks will hire people and then fire then within 5-years so they dont accumulate lots of vacation days. There is no loyalty anymore.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM

192 posts, read 785,506 times
Maybe someone knows the answer to this, because it concerns Bank of America.

Early last year, Fleet Bank (which does business in the Northeast) was taken over by Bank of America. I used Fleet years ago but dumped them because of poor service, so the 'takeover' didn't affect me... I thought. But then shortly afterward, a friend of mine who works for Citibank mentioned that the takeover was the reverse: that the Fleet group acquired B of A but kept the B of A name on the branches because B of A supposedly had a "better" reputation than Fleet. Since Fleet had been such a horror, I thought this might be true... however...

A few months ago, two of my credit cards which was originally issued by MBNA were replaced (surprise!) by new cards issued by Bank of America. I was not particularly happy about this, because to me now B of A = Fleet. So now I'm a bit confused about which bank now owns what!! I'm guessing that it was Bank of America who acquired first Fleet Bank and then MBNA's credit card business. Does anyone know if that's right?

I did have to call B of A last week with a question regarding the billing on one of my cards, and it was definitely not an "outsourced" customer service rep that I spoke with. However, it's also a high-limit card (formerly MBNA Amex, now B of A Amex) so perhaps they are doing what MoMark describes HSBC does? High-end cards still being serviced by USA call centers?

Old 03-28-2007, 04:33 PM

Lightbulb I can answer this for you-

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflower View Post
Maybe someone knows the answer to this, because it concerns Bank of America.

Early last year, Fleet Bank (which does business in the Northeast) was taken over by Bank of America. I used Fleet years ago but dumped them because of poor service, so the 'takeover' didn't affect me... I thought. But then shortly afterward, a friend of mine who works for Citibank mentioned that the takeover was the reverse: that the Fleet group acquired B of A but kept the B of A name on the branches because B of A supposedly had a "better" reputation than Fleet. Since Fleet had been such a horror, I thought this might be true... however...

A few months ago, two of my credit cards which was originally issued by MBNA were replaced (surprise!) by new cards issued by Bank of America. I was not particularly happy about this, because to me now B of A = Fleet. So now I'm a bit confused about which bank now owns what!! I'm guessing that it was Bank of America who acquired first Fleet Bank and then MBNA's credit card business. Does anyone know if that's right?

I did have to call B of A last week with a question regarding the billing on one of my cards, and it was definitely not an "outsourced" customer service rep that I spoke with. However, it's also a high-limit card (formerly MBNA Amex, now B of A Amex) so perhaps they are doing what MoMark describes HSBC does? High-end cards still being serviced by USA call centers?
You are a "transparent"" customer- banks acquire debt- and dont tell the cardholder- and when you call card services//payment center (anywhere) they are not supposed to give you that info over the phone. Yet another loophole B of A uses- they recently bouight out alot of MBNA/gold card accts. The limits are higher 25-100k; but their customer service STINKS. and they outsource alot more. MBNA shut down a huge call center in Florida- they pay people in India half of what they pay Americans- so Americans lose MORE and MORE jobs and this trend can only worsen

sunny

Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
HDL

3,092 posts, read 5,857,523 times
Angry Don't get me started

I absolutely HATE "B of A". I tried to cut off all ties, but when my long time MBNA account got bought by them, I was stuck. I'm pretty fed up as every time I get someone I like, they just get 'eaten' up by some other crummy bank. Really, what is a person to do? Even if you leave B of A, next thing you know, they back like a bad case of the hiccups .

Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,897,970 times
Well...you can send a message. Cut up your credit cards and pay off what you owe. I cut mine up four years ago and one of the best side benefits is that my junk mail declined by about 95%. I only use my debit cards in a credit card situation.
Once they have you in debt, they will send a new terms letter to you with higher interest rates and terms, AMF, late and overlimit fees, and you're screwed. Well, my philosophy is ...screw them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or