U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2009, 04:09 PM
 
387 posts, read 1,421,249 times
Reputation: 156

Advertisements

I continued to be amazed at what the credit card are allowed to get away with. I truly feel helpless. I am so upset right now I could scream. Juniper bank just raised my interest rate from 9% to 15.24% without any notification. I never miss any payments and always pay on time. I called to ask them to lower the interest rate back down or close the account acknowledging that I decline the terms and would pay the balance off at the lower rate. Of course they stated that they could not reduce below 15.24% and proceeded to tell me that if I close I'd still pay at 15.24%. they claimed they sent a letter on March 20th to be declined by April 10th. I honestly did not receive. Why do I have to have the burden of proof. It should be on them. The consumers totally do not matter! So I ask to speak to a manager they say hold on and come back to the phone stating no managers are available. So I call back 30 minutes later and get the same thing and am asked to provide my call back number. No managers available to take a call WTF!

What are my options here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 PM
 
110 posts, read 336,295 times
Reputation: 61
I experienced the same thing and I filed a complaint with the United States and Canada BBB Consumer it took 2 months but I got everything resolved (interest rate put back where it was and late fees credited back as well as the difference in the finance charges credited back). Good luck and don't give up. Document everything and each time you speak with them report it to United States and Canada BBB Consumer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
 
1 posts, read 10,585 times
Reputation: 10
Reporting these guys to BBB does not do any justice to the level of stress and frustration they inflict on consumers. They need to be sued to say the least. I am currently talking to a lawyer and investigating how much legal leverage I have for a lawsuit. Anybody interested in joining in let me know. [email]fmercado21@hotmail.com[/email]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 PM
 
48,522 posts, read 79,331,569 times
Reputation: 17916
Basically if you looked at the terms of sevice agreement they can raise the rates and drop the limts as they want to. Bascially they are unsecurre varible interest rate loans.You have always paid iterest that is high because they have to mnakeup for people that don't pay just like medical cost . Bascailly now that beginning 2110 when they can not do this they are resetting rates to contiue making a profit. There much the same as those varible rate housding loans really but with no asswets backing them up at all.Everyone needs to start paying attention to all notices which usually come with your bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 AM
 
110 posts, read 336,295 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmercado21 View Post
Reporting these guys to BBB does not do any justice to the level of stress and frustration they inflict on consumers. They need to be sued to say the least. I am currently talking to a lawyer and investigating how much legal leverage I have for a lawsuit. Anybody interested in joining in let me know. fmercado21@hotmail.com
Yes I agree they need to be sued but in the mean time reporting them to BBB atleast saved me plenty of money and got my rate back down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM
 
1,403 posts, read 3,006,760 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcharm View Post
I continued to be amazed at what the credit card are allowed to get away with. I truly feel helpless. I am so upset right now I could scream. Juniper bank just raised my interest rate from 9% to 15.24% without any notification. I never miss any payments and always pay on time. I called to ask them to lower the interest rate back down or close the account acknowledging that I decline the terms and would pay the balance off at the lower rate. Of course they stated that they could not reduce below 15.24% and proceeded to tell me that if I close I'd still pay at 15.24%. they claimed they sent a letter on March 20th to be declined by April 10th. I honestly did not receive. Why do I have to have the burden of proof. It should be on them. The consumers totally do not matter! So I ask to speak to a manager they say hold on and come back to the phone stating no managers are available. So I call back 30 minutes later and get the same thing and am asked to provide my call back number. No managers available to take a call WTF!

What are my options here.
Unfortunately, what Juniper did to your account was totally within the limits of the Terms/conditions you agreed to when you opened the account. Don't believe me??...go ahead and read the Terms/conditions that came with your card (they also send an updated version every year). Whether or not what the cc companies do is right/moral/whatever, you agreed to the Terms/conditions the first time you used your card.

Your options? You said if you got the lower interest rate you would pay the balance off. This suggests you have the money so why don't you pay off the account and either 1) close the account. 2) pay off the balance IN FULL every month from here on out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM
 
387 posts, read 1,421,249 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Unfortunately, what Juniper did to your account was totally within the limits of the Terms/conditions you agreed to when you opened the account. Don't believe me??...go ahead and read the Terms/conditions that came with your card (they also send an updated version every year). Whether or not what the cc companies do is right/moral/whatever, you agreed to the Terms/conditions the first time you used your card.

Your options? You said if you got the lower interest rate you would pay the balance off. This suggests you have the money so why don't you pay off the account and either 1) close the account. 2) pay off the balance IN FULL every month from here on out?

I totally agree that it is within the terms in conditions. I know that. What I am fighting with them about is that I did not get the required notice that they were raising my interest rate.

As far as closing the account I don't have the mony to pay the balance in full. I was paying the card off slowly every month until it hits zero but because they raised the interest rate it is going to take me much longer to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
 
1 posts, read 8,777 times
Reputation: 10
juniper and barclay are bloodsucking leaches! They have no account for personal well bieng for anyone but thier own! We as card holders are supplying them with all thier families needs for thier children to come! Yes we made decisions to try to help ourselves . But they make statements and promises they don't keep! They have no grace period on the post side of payment so they can leach all the money from us they can! This is not stated in the terms of agreement! Yes they should be embarrassed and think of other people in this economy but that will never happen! Hopefully in the near future they will expierence the nedd to have someone care that can afford to! Tha means all thier partners! I will not smut mouth them just truthfully speak my piece!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
 
1 posts, read 8,759 times
Reputation: 10
I just sued Juniper and obtained an order in my favor against them. I recommend every one do the same. Proble is now I cannot get the credit reporting agencies to remove the negative reporting per the court's order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2010, 12:59 PM
 
Location: south Missouri
438 posts, read 899,645 times
Reputation: 288
Juniper is among the worst of the worst. I had my card paid off, ended up charging on it again due to financial difficulties, but when it's paid off this time, I'm cutting it up and sending them the pieces. They can pogue ma hone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top