Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:30 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes they are, both store cards and a biz card (I'm only aware of one biz card though they might have others). Most of their products do have crappy terms.
Which store cards are backed by CIT group? I know GE Capital and Citi group do a number of store cards, but I've never seen one by CIT group.

Was not able to find any information about business cards on their site, but maybe they stopped recently or I did not look hard enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Which store cards are backed by CIT group? I know GE Capital and Citi group do a number of store cards, but I've never seen one by CIT group.

Was not able to find any information about business cards on their site, but maybe they stopped recently or I did not look hard enough.
A few of their cards are .. Dell, Newegg (Preferred & Bill Me Later), Fingerhut (eww), etc...... there are more but I don't remember offhand what they are and I haven't bothered to look them up for this answer either.

The biz card:
Platinum America Card (offered by invitation only)

The only CIT card that I have is the Newegg Preferred, which I like. I don't remember the interest terms offhand, I would have to pull them out of my files. But, since I only use the card for the 0% interest shopping, that Newegg always offers, the interest terms mean little to me. Plus, that card is a hidden trade.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Speed reading and missed the missing I?
I guess so

Old 07-13-2009, 06:17 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well it seems y'all are mistaken as more and more C/C companies are indeed doing whatever they like to 'deadbeats'(the term C/C companies use I believe) like yourselves,such as closing accounts.
Not mistaken at all!

In fact, Discover raised my limit and AMEX tripled my husband's.

"Deadbeats" aren't SO bad.....

Old 07-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
A few of their cards are .. Dell, Newegg (Preferred & Bill Me Later), Fingerhut (eww), etc...... there are more but I don't remember offhand what they are and I haven't bothered to look them up for this answer either.
I never realized "Bill me later" was CIT Group, but then again I really don't use these sorts of things either.

I wonder what will happen to this stuff if they file for bankruptcy.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Well it seems y'all are mistaken as more and more C/C companies are indeed doing whatever they like to 'deadbeats'(the term C/C companies use I believe) like yourselves,such as closing accounts.
The CC companies are not closing accounts of costumers that are profitable. The people that don't carry balances that are seeing their cards closed (or limit reduced) are the ones that rarely use the card. If you have a $10k limit, but you're only spending $500 a year why should the card company bother with the added liability? In the hopes that you get into financial trouble and use the entire line and go bankrupt?

Anyhow, none of my cards have been closed, nor have my limits been cut. I have recently applied for a new card too without any problems.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:02 PM

975 posts, read 1,754,983 times
Quote:
Actually I believe the term deadbeat would be most commonly applied to say someone who isn't mature enough to properly manage their finances hence often times not paying their bills on time. Some are even so irresponsible that they end up bankrupt.

You wouldn't happen to know anyone like that would you?

Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderx View Post
actually i believe the term deadbeat would be most commonly applied to say someone who isn't mature enough to properly manage their finances hence often times not paying their bills on time. Some are even so irresponsible that they end up bankrupt.

You wouldn't happen to know anyone like that would you?
lol.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
I never realized "Bill me later" was CIT Group, but then again I really don't use these sorts of things either.

I wonder what will happen to this stuff if they file for bankruptcy.
I have no real use for BML either.
I don't know what will happen to their card portfolios. It will probably be similar to what other companies do when they are in that position. They may possibly hang onto them, depending on the bankruptcy, or they may sell or trade them to another company. The co-brand companies will have to have someone service their cards. Or else stop doing transactions on their own credit, which more than likely won't happen for most.

Quote:
The CC companies are not closing accounts of costumers that are profitable. The people that don't carry balances that are seeing their cards closed (or limit reduced) are the ones that rarely use the card. If you have a $10k limit, but you're only spending $500 a year why should the card company bother with the added liability? In the hopes that you get into financial trouble and use the entire line and go bankrupt?

Anyhow, none of my cards have been closed, nor have my limits been cut. I have recently applied for a new card too without any problems.
I'm sure profitable customers are getting hit too. It may not totally be dependent on how much or how little they spend, or other widely known factors. It's probable that some, or many, creditors are skating as close to the edge of redlining as they can.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i agree with OP, but i dont think credit cards and easy credit are the wave of the future. paying for things instead of signing for things will begin to affect our purchasing decisions. how much would i pay for a car if i had to pay cash would i buy new or used. decisions would certainly change. btw my last & current car were purchased used and cash from my mechanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance