U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 09:18 AM

65 posts, read 183,848 times

Advertisements

Well today i was awaken by a phone call from wells fargo,saying that my payment is over due seven days.I told him i sent then payment and he said ok and told me thanks.
So what should i do now? I sent the payment on the fourth of this month,so they should of had the payment by now.Not sure what to do and hate the idea of sending another payment.I feel any way i go im getting shifted by our post office who must have lost the payment.Been making payments for over a year and never had this problem so not sure what my rights are and my best move. what a way to have your credit score damaged by the failure of the usps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM

2,484 posts, read 4,696,515 times
Did you send a check? Did it clear the bank?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:59 AM

no, always use western union money order., Do not use checks no more as it seem like every store does not take checks no more.

Thanks

Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 PM

17,032 posts, read 25,729,214 times
Look at your bank account to see if the check has cleared. If you wait a few more days and it hasn't and they keep calling, call the bank and put a stop payment on the check then write another one...or pay by phone.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:39 PM

8,909 posts, read 15,654,399 times
yeah - they have your call logged and reached out to you to let you know there could be an issue with payment

now you need to stay on top of it

there is no credit impact unless it goes to 30 days late - so that is your time frame

the lender can impose a late fee though

check in a couple days to see if it's cleared - if not, pick up the phone and call the bank - with some negotiating and talking to a supervisor you could get it noted that if it doesn't clear within a couple days after that you can call and pay by phone and have them waive any late fees or phone pay fees

you'd then need to cxl your other payment

Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM

10,016 posts, read 10,380,068 times
I don't know where you live, but in my area it is not the case that "every store does not take checks no more". If you're concerned about mail delays you could start making your payments online. The creditor has the money overnight and you get confirmation of payment.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Thanks guys, I was able to trace the money order and according to the phone call,It was cashed on Nov,13th.So now i know someone was able to cash the money order,just wondering who cashed it.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:13 PM

7,966 posts, read 22,077,395 times
They processed the payment on the 13th, after you mailed it on the 4th, and on the 17th, they don't show they've received it yet?

Well, it is possible that it got temporarily lost in the mail and then when the payment was late, you went on the list to be called and it took a couple of days to get to your name on the list. However, it is also possible that the money order went astray, and someone else intercepted it and cashed it.

I would call the bank back up immediately and find out if they are now showing payment. If they are, then you are done. If not, you need to let them know what you've found out and take it from there. I don't know if Money Orders can be pulled up by the originating bank (or whoever issued it) to look at the endorsement or not. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:21 PM

Ya, I need to get a photocopy of the money and send it to wells fargo,once i get the photocopy of it,everything should be cleared up.My hopes is that wells fargo endorsement is on the back and they forgot to make it in the computer or whatever,

Thanks

Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 AM

29,330 posts, read 31,366,948 times
I once had a car payment that was accidently credited to someone elses account. It took a while, and there were a couple late notices and phone calls in the meantime, but I realize that those things are pretty much on autopilot and can't be stopped even after you have submitted documentation showing that you paid. In the end it worked out and I choose not to stress about it knowing that I had the cancelled check, with the endorcement, in my possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance