Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:11 PM

143 posts, read 295,768 times

Advertisements

Is this the greatest troll thread ever?

He went from an expatriot inquiring about outstanding student loan debt, to a serviceman doing two tours in the sandbox, to calling people average American twits. I just can't believe this OP.

Obama needs to send the drones for koochi, whoever he is!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Rei

494 posts, read 1,759,394 times
What a story... It's been more than 3 years, wonder what became of him now...

Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,385 times
Default In the same situation as Koochi

Hi Koochi - whats the news on this? I am in a similar situation to you. I however 1. am not a US citizen or resident and 2. owe money to a private lender and NOT government. My loan is unsecured with no cosigner.

Please let me know what the situation is and how you selected a suitable lawyer.

Thanks

endsmeet

Old 08-08-2013, 10:09 PM

91 posts, read 207,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelodagr8won View Post
Hey Koochie,

If you were to marry an American would you be allowed entrance to the US with a clean slate?
I have no idea as I no longer have a social security number. But I doubt I could get a clean slate in the USA as my credit is destoryed there, and I would have to legally change my name and then lie about it on the visa application in order for them to not know I was a former US citizen. That is way more trouble than it would be worth, and also constitutes fraud. Bottom line is if I married an American then she would have to live in Australia with me as I have no desire what so ever to go back and live in the USA. Why would I when I live in Australia? Better weather, economy, work life balance, healthcare, job rights (it's a law taht you get 4 weeks vacation), ect. ect.

Last edited by Koochi24; 08-08-2013 at 10:21 PM..

Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei View Post
What a story... It's been more than 3 years, wonder what became of him now...
Nothing has become of me other than living the life I want to live, which is free of US political tyranny, tax slavery, debt slavery, and the brainwashing of the US maintream prestitute media. It is entertaining watching it all happen in the USA from abroad. Glad I got out while the getting out is good.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsmeet View Post
Hi Koochi - whats the news on this? I am in a similar situation to you. I however 1. am not a US citizen or resident and 2. owe money to a private lender and NOT government. My loan is unsecured with no cosigner.

Please let me know what the situation is and how you selected a suitable lawyer.

Thanks

endsmeet
If you are not a US citizen then why are you sweating it? No co-signer is good news I guess. Nobody can follow you outside of US borders and your debt is only bad in the USA. You really don't need a lawyer, do you? Are you being sued in the USA and do you still live there?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer View Post
Is this the greatest troll thread ever?

He went from an expatriot inquiring about outstanding student loan debt, to a serviceman doing two tours in the sandbox, to calling people average American twits. I just can't believe this OP.

Obama needs to send the drones for koochi, whoever he is!

I rest my case about the average American. As for my two tours, who really cares these days anyways? These days everybody and their brother has been to Iraq or The Stan. No different here in Australia. So many operators bounce back and forth, either privately in the circuit, or in the Commando and SAS units. Blah.....

Keep talking about drones and the N S A. The world loves the thought of the USA and their drones. Save us all from the T's.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,132 times
Koochi24,

I just want to say that, like you, I did not begin to understand the lifelong, devastating impact of my student loans until I first defaulted in 2008 and then went through a process of loan rehabilitation. I am only now beginning to educate myself both about the nature of the current US loan regime and methods of gaining meaningful relief by whatever means necessary. I applaud you for the actions you have taken to secure for yourself and family a financial future free from enforced poverty and likely ruin. Thank you also for the wealth of information you have shared with those of us just beginning our journey to enlightenment and possible freedom.

My example may be instructive to others:

I started out with $69,000 in student loan debt from graduate school. I lost my job in 2007 and was unable to make the payments. By 2008 I was in default and structured a rehabilitation of my loans, effectively restarting the clock on loans that had originated in 2000. Thus, even the potential 25 year waiver of loan balance for poverty was tolled. I have successfully made continued payments on my loans ever since on an income-contingent repayment plan. I have paid $55,000 back to the US Dept of Ed, and still owe $87,000. My current job will come to an end late in 2014 with no guarantee of another in the same pay bracket (low $30s) and yet my repayment schedules requires my payments to almost double around that same time and remain for the next 322 months. Short of some sort of lottery winning I will never be able to repay or even maintain my loans out of a default condition, and the effort to do so has and will continue to financially cripple my family. I fully acknowledge that my accepting loans was the worst decision I have ever made but, as many here have stated, relief exists for all other forms of consumer and corporate debt when decisions have failed to work out as planned. I honestly think that those who here have criticized the OP simply haven't understood the reality of this system - which is why it still exists.

Again, I thank the OP and all other posters for their insights and encouragement.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 PM

329 posts, read 459,398 times
Time to ditch your USA passport guys...

I ditched my us green card.

After reading your posts it's clear the system has been been set in place to enslave you and the future look black to me.

In Switzerland my government paid me all my eduction at no cost.
I received 12000$/month ton pay my room, food, car.

It was free money. They give it to his citizen to educate them.
Then when I left graduated , took me 6 months to search for a job in Switzerland. Government gave me 2200$/month for 6 months. No refund.... Free money.

1 St job=5000$/month
No debt
4 weeks off

I never borrowed money in my life.

Regrettably I have no Swiss drones flying over my head and no Swiss prism checking my emails.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:07 AM

23,184 posts, read 12,303,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
Time to ditch your USA passport guys...

I ditched my us green card.
So you're now an illegal in the US?

Quote:
In Switzerland my government paid me all my eduction at no cost.
I received 12000$/month ton pay my room, food, car.

It was free money. They give it to his citizen to educate them.
Then when I left graduated , took me 6 months to search for a job in Switzerland. Government gave me 2200$/month for 6 months. No refund.... Free money.

1 St job=5000$/month
No debt
4 weeks off
If life was so good there and the Swiss government money flowed so freely, why did you move to the US?
There are people here that don't pay for college, through grants and scholarships.

Quote:
I never borrowed money in my life.
Why borrow when, according to you, the Swiss gov hands you all the free money that you could ever want? Again wondering why you decided to come to the US.

Quote:
Regrettably I have no Swiss drones flying over my head and no Swiss prism checking my emails.
Ha. Are you taking meds for those delusions? "Regrettably", really?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.