Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 PM

548 posts, read 1,037,835 times

Advertisements

Well maybe the OP is the one trying to get an extra $100. Just saying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
Well maybe the OP is the one trying to get an extra $100. Just saying!
If the teller is $100 over at the end of the day, he will get his money. If the teller balanced (proof departments in banks balance each teller a second time) he won't as he possibly made an error (they happen)

Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,297,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
I'm actually perfectly calm, i'm calmer than all of you guys are, especially the one's that appear to have nothing better to do then be on the internet all day based on some of you repeatedly responding at various time of the day on an issue thats dead at this point because i already took care of business it's out of my hands now. I guess some of you just sit on here all day long and look for any thread with a fresh reply and then go in there after the questions have already been answered and bs or troll up the thread by making personal attcks on things. Go ahead and hide behind your computer screens those of you that do this because if this was face to face you wouldn't do the same thing i guarantee that.

I think it's a good thing that you realize that this forum is not for you and now we will not have to endure anymore of your pleas for advice and help.

Right

I mean you're not going to sit all day and stare at the computer screen to see if people respond to your questions and requests for help.

I suggest you seek professional help as you have a very clear anger management concern that needs to be addressed.

Your post is text book projection and indicates that you need professional support that we here at CD Forum have not been able to provide for you.

Best of luck to you.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 10,297 times
Hi I work in a bank and I v been having cash missing from my box my head teller tells me to move over and she uses my system touches my cash box. I got into trouble for certain transaction that I didn't even do. And I told
Y manager and asked her to see the camera and her reply to me was the camera only captures the counter and faces of the costumer, so how the he'll will I prove that she's messing with my system and cash. I m new and this lead teller is using her schemes on me help someone.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:22 PM

993 posts, read 2,290,431 times
Is there any way you can sign off before the head teller gets into your cash box? She has no reason to get into your cash box! Is there another manager you can go to? The head teller is taking advantage of you because you're new.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
Today earlier this afternoon, i went to a branch of my bank and made a $500 cash deposit. I didn't realize until just now that my account only shows that i made a $400 deposit. I know for a fact that i made a $500 deposit. I double counted the money and marked $500 on the deposit slip. My bank never places a hold on cash deposits and my account was in good standing so there's no funny business there. I think that the teller stole $100 from me and didn't think i would realize. I think she slipped $100 in her pocket and only credited my account for $400. If she thought that i wouldn't notice she was somewhat right because i didn't notice until now, a few hours later. My bank is closed now so i have to wait until tomorrow to call them but what i want to know is has a similar situation ever happened to anyone before? And if so how was it resolved? I still have my copy of the deposit slip that i marked as $500 deposit. What i'm going to do is call the bank first thing tomorrow and tell them what happened and i'm also going to find out the name of this teller and file a police report in the city the bank is located in. Right moves on my part?

Future Tip-"Always look at the receipt after making the deposit before leaving the bank"

I don't go into banks anymore but I know when I did I always looked at the receipt in front of the teller

Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious1 View Post
Hi I work in a bank and I v been having cash missing from my box my head teller tells me to move over and she uses my system touches my cash box. I got into trouble for certain transaction that I didn't even do. And I told
Y manager and asked her to see the camera and her reply to me was the camera only captures the counter and faces of the costumer, so how the he'll will I prove that she's messing with my system and cash. I m new and this lead teller is using her schemes on me help someone.
Every time she comes over to you, lock your cash can and refuse to give her the key. If she's doing this during lunch, she can run straight non cash deposits at your window.

Your cash can is YOUR cash can. Tell your manager again the head teller is using your cash, and your manager is no help, start keeping a log of when she does this.... you need to prove that it's very possible that you are not responsible for outages.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
This thread is OLD! So what ever happened? He never came back and told us.?

Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 27,460 times
Exclamation Same Thing!

I went to the bank to make a deposit. Counted the once, made out the deposit slip, the amount totaling $3500.00. Went to the counter, counted it out again in front of the teller a thousand at a time until the last five hundred. Handed the money and deposit slip to her, then she counted the money again in front of me. She made the deposit for the full $3500.00, handed me my receipt, and I was on my way. A week and a half later I'm online checking my account and notice that there is a debit to my account for the amount of $150.00. I clicked on it and see a copy of a written debit slip saying "Correction to deposit error for date MM/DD/YY. So I go back look at the digital copy of my deposit slip for that day, everything looked good on the slip, amount matched the slip, yet, they're telling me that there is an error. So when I call up there, they try telling me that my deposit was short $150.00. Telling me that nobody noticed when they counted the drawer that night, but somehow they manage to catch it a week and half later. That being said, this was a $3500.00 deposit. It wasn't just some small amount. It is hard to believe that if somehow I managed to miscount the money twice, and a bank teller manages to miscount the the money for a third and fourth time. Either the teller is a thief, or they just can't count. Eitherway, they shouldn't be working their to be trusted with others money. Any other business, if a drawer comes up short, the cashier is responsible. But from what they told me, they didn't even catch it that night, or the, or the next. Not till a week and a half later. Plus they didn't try to contact me by phone or mail. If I didn't keep up on my checkbook the way I do, I prolly wouldn't have known at all. Supposedly they are investigating it, but as of yet, they still have not put the money back

Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc859 View Post
I went to the bank to make a deposit. Counted the once, made out the deposit slip, the amount totaling $3500.00. Went to the counter, counted it out again in front of the teller a thousand at a time until the last five hundred. Handed the money and deposit slip to her, then she counted the money again in front of me. She made the deposit for the full $3500.00, handed me my receipt, and I was on my way. A week and a half later I'm online checking my account and notice that there is a debit to my account for the amount of $150.00. I clicked on it and see a copy of a written debit slip saying "Correction to deposit error for date MM/DD/YY. So I go back look at the digital copy of my deposit slip for that day, everything looked good on the slip, amount matched the slip, yet, they're telling me that there is an error. So when I call up there, they try telling me that my deposit was short $150.00. Telling me that nobody noticed when they counted the drawer that night, but somehow they manage to catch it a week and half later. That being said, this was a $3500.00 deposit. It wasn't just some small amount. It is hard to believe that if somehow I managed to miscount the money twice, and a bank teller manages to miscount the the money for a third and fourth time. Either the teller is a thief, or they just can't count. Eitherway, they shouldn't be working their to be trusted with others money. Any other business, if a drawer comes up short, the cashier is responsible. But from what they told me, they didn't even catch it that night, or the, or the next. Not till a week and a half later. Plus they didn't try to contact me by phone or mail. If I didn't keep up on my checkbook the way I do, I prolly wouldn't have known at all. Supposedly they are investigating it, but as of yet, they still have not put the money back
I wouldn't think it's the tellers fault, but it is hinky. Because it wouldn't be a WEEK later. It would be that night. My thinking is they're covering some sort of large outage, although they shouldn't do that.

Here's my suggestion for people who deposit cash. ALWAYS ALWAYS denote the number of bills and the amount of the denominations on the deposit slip. It's a chart on the back of the deposit slip. Mark how many hundreds you have and multiply it. The same for the other denominations. Add it up and put the total on the front.

And the important thing! Have the teller circle and initial your bill count, and the total cash amount on the front....

That way you have her acknowledgement that you gave her 3500 bucks and she's saying you did.... and if they come back to you and say you didn't, you can pull up the deposit and say -- well if I didn't, why did she initial it, like I did? Your tellers NOT count cash before they put it in their drawer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance