Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:42 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,789,473 times

Advertisements

*****PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE*****

Shelter phone: 304-675-6458E-mail: roachex@suddenlink.net

The Mason County Animal Shelter has been given 30-60 days to CLEAR the entire shelter. It's no longer a matter of bringing the number down to 50 total animals, cats AND dogs - the County wants the group to start from scratch - ZERO. There are close to 300 dogs and puppies at the shelter. Angela has been fighting to keep these animals alive, and she no longer has a choice but to do what the County says. But she wants to get them out ALIVE. Please look at the website to see if there are any you can take into your rescue Mason County Animal Shelter, Pt Pleasant WV. The dogs at the end of the list, like Corona, have been there the longest and will be the first to be put down, if that even matters at this point. I will send updates as I receive them.

The following are fully sponsored:
Corona - sweet, well-socialized F Pit Bull X - (since 11/05)
Yogi - very friendly M GSD/Norwegian Elkhound

Please e-mail Angela at roachex@suddenlink.net to let her know which dog(s) you are interested in and to work out transport details. If you have never pulled from the shelter before, you will be asked to fill out a rescue application. Dogs that have already been spoken for will have the name of the rescue beside them. All dogs will be fully vetted before leaving the shelter, unless health or age is a factor. If you don't know anything about the shelter, it's in a rural area way off the main road. There are very few local adoptions. Anyone wishing to make a donation may do so to: Mason County Animal Shelter Group, Inc., RR 1, Box 946, Pt. Pleasant, WV 25550. Thank you for any help you can give the animals!

Rachel Moxley
MCAS Volunteer

Mason County Animal Shelter
1965 Fairground Road
Point Pleasant, WV 25550(304) 675-6458
Mason County Animal Shelter, Pt Pleasant WV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM

I have pulled from this shelter many times...they really are trying to save animals there. They will arrange transport if you can take any of the animals into Rescue. If you want to adopt and can't get the animal to you...let me know I may be able to arrange to pull them into our rescue and get them to you. Thanks for looking!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:37 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,877,899 times
Thank you, Irish. This is so important... VV

Old 06-18-2007, 05:26 PM

42 posts, read 189,508 times
Default Thank you, Irish Mom

Thank you, Irish Mom, for bringing this situation to the attention of forum readers and posters.

I hope that many of these animals can be saved. My husband and I have fostered and placed several dogs, and we currently have four of our own. Three were strays we found and one was a shelter dog. It is a lot of work, but it has been so rewarding.

I'm a WV native living in another state, so this post hits close to home...literally.

Thanks again, Irish Mom.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:25 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,911,752 times
I suggest someone contact Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Best Friends Animal Society Home Page

Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,835,720 times
I've posted this on my horse related BB and another one I go to. I hope they can find homes for them all!

Old 06-19-2007, 12:42 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,889,399 times
Thank you, Irish Mom. I'm glad to see positive responses to this thread.

I've emailed this to everyone in my address book. A few are in the WV area.
I work for a Pit Bull rescue group but have many other connections with rescue groups throughout the US.

Keep us posted....

Old 06-19-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Still need people to rescue these animals...

If you haven't gotten a chance please take a look at the animals at this shelter. Summer is the hardest time to place animals because so many families go on multiple trips....so anyone interested please contact Angela.

Thanks again.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I suggest someone contact Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Best Friends Animal Society Home Page
I don't know if they can help but I sent it to them as well. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2007, 01:37 PM

Just thought I'd give a quick update on this situation. They are still loaded with cats and dogs that need to be saved. Best Friends Sanctuary soes not take requests that are not directly from the shelter in question...so I forwarded their reply to me on to Angela who is contacting them. I will let you know what happens, but again any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets