U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM

578 posts, read 2,345,408 times

Advertisements

Do the rats actually pee everywhere with no control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 10:52 PM

578 posts, read 2,345,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-t-virginia View Post
I love Possums! Here's a baby I rescued last summer and gave to the rehabilitation center when he got back on his feet.

I also have an adorable, wonderful, loving Marmoset monkey. He's out all the time, wears tiny little diapers, and is simply the best and most unusual pet I've had. He's just over two years old. We had to monkey-proof the entire house, have to watch him every minute, feed a special diet and lots of fresh foods prepared daily. But he's worth every single minute!
He is sooo cute; and what is that collar he's wearing? Could it be a mink stole? Ahahaaa

Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

323 posts, read 675,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Do the rats actually pee everywhere with no control?
Nope, I have found they are a lot like bunnies. They pick a corner. IDK about others here that have rats. But ours do this. Here's our girls.

Rats pictures from pets photos on webshots

Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 AM

455 posts, read 1,358,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
Nope, I have found they are a lot like bunnies. They pick a corner. IDK about others here that have rats. But ours do this. Here's our girls.

Rats pictures from pets photos on webshots

I've heard that it's mice that don't really have bladder control, and just go everywhere.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,080,041 times
My most unusual pets have ben a skunk when I was a kid, a raccoon, and llamas.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM

40 posts, read 185,960 times
I had rats growing up in high school and some of college. Here is a picture of April and you can see her babies in the pink box on the bottom of the cage.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/shaaniquah/Ratties3-4weeks002.jpg (broken link)

My Junior year of High School I bought a Prairie Dog and named him Snoopy (short for Snoop Dog haha) Sadly he died after about 2 weeks because he had a birth defect It was very sad.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:31 PM

6,413 posts, read 9,126,187 times
I currently have 1 dog, 4 cats, a parrot, a cocatiel, 4 rabbits, 30 chickens and 2 roosters. In the past were many dogs and cats, turkey, more chickens and rabbits, parakeets, pigeons, quail, a gopher snake, garter snakes, ring tail snakes, turtles, tortoises, a rat, mice, hamsters, a columbian boa constrictor, tropical and cold water fish, snails, a scorpion and a tarantula. I think that completes the list.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM

520 posts, read 1,718,111 times
I had two rats in college. They were great pets. Just like little dogs. Every day when I came home from class they would run up to their cage door and I'd let them out. They would ride around on my shoulders and watch tv with me. They LOVED spaghetti and broccoli. Excellent pets and very easy to care for. I miss my ratties.
Attached Thumbnails
Most unusual pet you've owned-p3300004.jpg   Most unusual pet you've owned-p8160031.jpg  

Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 AM

1,353 posts, read 3,201,862 times
they're not "pets' but my mom feeds a group of feral cats and the raccoons from the preserve behind her house come up and eat out of the trays with the cats. It's funny, the coons chase the possums away, and get along fine with the cats. They look at each other like "aren't you a funny looking cat/raccoon". the coons are comfortable with people at my moms, they won't run when someone goes out there to fill the dishes, they just step back away from the dishes and wait 'til they're filled. the cats are circling your ankles, meowing and purring.

Last Christmas I was there and in the Kitchen, heard the metal plate on the screen door bang, and told my mom the cats are knocking, I'm going to feed them. What did I see, but 4 FULL SIZE coons standing there, "hey...there's no food and we're hungry". I thought they'd run when I opened the door, but no, they stood there waiting. so funny. the neighbor said he's tried to feed the coons and they just come on over to mom's. Like her food choice better I guess. The cats will sleep and sun on his porch.

and, yes, as we/she can, she captures the kitties, takes them to the vet, and if they are adoptable, he does that, if not he'll neuter and return them to her, at a discounted price, so they can go back to the colony. about twice a year she gets a new 1 or 2.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:17 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,571,140 times
I've had a chinchilla - awesome, but I was allergic to his bath dust, a hedgehog - a painful choice, and a baby squirrel - he was left homeless after my father cut down a tree. We kept him for a little while, but when he bit my sister we let him go in a state park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or