U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:08 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,211,330 times

Advertisements

What's the most unusual animal you've had as a pet? I used to have a hedgehog, but she passed away last year. They only live for about 3 years. Great little pets, but heartbreaking they don't live longer.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/hedgie.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:10 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,498,090 times
My goodness that is TOO cute...
In college I had bearded dragons, an eel, and some snakes as well.
Unusual? Now, I have two ducks in the city...
MBG

Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM

1,930 posts, read 9,471,591 times
Umm.. Im not sure what would count as unusual?? I have had many, many dogs, 3 cats, hermit crabs, tropical fish, gold fish, gerbils, and 2 snakes. Right now my husband and I have 1 snake and 2 American Pit Bull Terriers.

Here is a pic of my first snake (ball python).. she died after she ate a sick mouse! I was sooooo mad at the people at the pet store.

Here is me and my boa a few years ago..

And.. this is a picture of our two American Pit Bull Terriers.. Brooklyn and Destiny!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:30 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,211,330 times
Aww... your puppies are adorable! So how big does a python like your get? :O

Midnight... when I was younger, we had chcickens (living in the heart of the San Fernando Valley) just for their eggs. I remember my Dad paid the feed store extra for no males and after getting 3 roosters, that crowed all morning long (LOL), we gave all the chickens away to my Uncle. The neighbors just didn't appreciate their morning wake up calls!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:38 PM

12,439 posts, read 31,498,367 times
I had a pet Skunk. He was born to be a fur coat, but the guy I got him from got him for his daughter. When she got a new interest he put Peppy up for sale and I got him. Had to buy a special permit. Peppy would play with my dogs!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:28 PM

13,886 posts, read 25,316,043 times
My aunt had an Ocelot back in the 60's. They were quite fashionable and Ozzie lived to be almost 30. He was an amazing animal to know. At 5am every day, we took him to the park to climb trees and go for a long walk. You had to do it early because people tended to be scared around him. Whenever I visited, he would sleep with me and play just like a kitten. He was well socialized and very happy. When my aunt came home every day, he would meet her at the door with a toy. Ready to play.

My aunt left Ozzie to me in her will. She knew I loved him. Ozzie died a year before my aunt. I always said caring for Ozzie was one of the things that kept her going.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,427,346 times
I bottle raised a baby coon, nursed a sick armadillo back to health, and had a baby opossum. They weren't exactly pets, but I did have them in my home!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Aww... your puppies are adorable! So how big does a python like your get? :O

Midnight... when I was younger, we had chcickens (living in the heart of the San Fernando Valley) just for their eggs. I remember my Dad paid the feed store extra for no males and after getting 3 roosters, that crowed all morning long (LOL), we gave all the chickens away to my Uncle. The neighbors just didn't appreciate their morning wake up calls!
I forgot about chickens, I had those as a kid too!!
My son hatched a chick a few years ago and the dog got it when it was still just a pullet!!
I love birds of any kind...I have had many over the years!
MBG

Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
My aunt had an Ocelot back in the 60's. They were quite fashionable and Ozzie lived to be almost 30. He was an amazing animal to know. At 5am every day, we took him to the park to climb trees and go for a long walk. You had to do it early because people tended to be scared around him. Whenever I visited, he would sleep with me and play just like a kitten. He was well socialized and very happy. When my aunt came home every day, he would meet her at the door with a toy. Ready to play.

My aunt left Ozzie to me in her will. She knew I loved him. Ozzie died a year before my aunt. I always said caring for Ozzie was one of the things that kept her going.
Ocelots are beautiful!!
MBG

Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,237,624 times
The Hedgehog is a cutey....cool snake!

I never had any exotic pets. But an ex-bf had an Alligator. He was about 5 ft long. Big boy!
It got out of it's tub once and pinned me in the bathroom for hours till he came back home...lol...I can laugh about it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or