U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:36 PM

3 posts, read 6,717 times

Advertisements

Bear...just a farm mutt but when i was 11 and my grandpa died he was the one who stopped me from walking to the hospital (30+miles) and sat with me until i went home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 07:08 AM

232 posts, read 697,734 times
My best pet ever was a rescue cat we named Cinnamon.

He was about 7 wks old when we got him. He had been left on the steps of the shelter in a duct tape wrapped box that had been punctured a few times with a pencil or screwdriver!
I almost left the shelter without an animal, there wasn't anyone there who "clicked" with me, then right before I walked out, this little funny colored kitten came racing out of his hiding spot. I picked him up and he wrapped his paws around my neck and began purring and licking me

We had this cat for years before he passed away. He could open doors, played fetch and chase with my daughter, loved to travel (he would always try to take the front seat) and taught our dog to beg by tossing him candies off our table. He was the most amazing animal I ever had the privilege of being around and I miss him alot.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:11 PM

16,487 posts, read 18,377,038 times
Default My best pet ever...

The best pet I ever had was a pet rock many years ago. It costs nothing to feed, I had no messes to pick up, was very quiet, and when I told it to sit and stay, it did!

No seriously, I love all animals, but there is something special about dogs and my favorite pets have been dogs. I had a Daschund when I was single, later married, and then had kids. She was full of life, energetic, brave, happy, and I miss her a lot.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 PM

9 posts, read 28,280 times
Best pet ever? I'm my opinion a spider. Very low maintinance. They dont need a strong source of heat, uv lighting, or that much room. That is just an easy pet, but my fav are my dragons. A red and gold morph and a pastell, Princess and Roxxy. I also have 4 leopards, a high yellow, temper albino, super snow and a surper-hypo orange. I love em all!!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:52 AM

153 posts, read 1,070,772 times
Default German Shepherd!

Heidi, my German Shepherd was the best pet. She was sweet, gentle, protective and more intelligent than us! Guess I fell in love with GSs back in the 50's when Rin Tin Tin on was

Old 07-05-2007, 05:38 PM

1,378 posts, read 5,163,665 times
Any pet from an animal shelter. I picked up a wonderful kitten there many years ago. We had her for 17 1/2 years! She fetched, opened doors, gave lots of kitty kisses and in her younger years played hide n' seek. Even if you're looking for a special breed try and research if they are any rescue shelters for that breed before you go anywhere else.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM

14 posts, read 37,352 times
My three beautiful kitty cats are the ABSOLUTE best! They are all rescues and Maddie is the closest to my heart. She was a stray and was very very sick when someone dropped her outside of a rescue, who grabbed her and nursed her. I came on the scene looking for a companion for Annie girl, who I had taken in a few months before. Maddie's struggles began as soon as I opened the carrier and she dashed under the chair, to hide for good I'd thought. Whenever I wanted to feed her, I had to literally drag her out from the chair and put her in front of the food. She would gobble a bit and run back under the chair. Amazing what three years will do! Maddie is now at my side, in my lap, whenever I am home and we are very close. It was Annie who initially helped her to get over the initial shyness, but my persistent persuasion finally won her over, and she trusts me, although is still somewhat skittish. The third of my sweet girls is the last to come home, she is Grace, my princess, who I picked up on Thanksgiving Day, hence her name. I love them all very much, and could clearly go on and on....

Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 PM

232 posts, read 881,748 times
Our Greyhound that passed away a few weeks ago......

Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,466,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubashawn View Post
Our Greyhound that passed away a few weeks ago......
awww I am sorry for your loss friend.
I used to rescue greyhounds in the 80's. I was vice president of REGAP in Coral Springs, my Vet boss started it and wow did he open my eyes. They are fun babes to have.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:37 PM

740 posts, read 1,684,113 times

The best pets are my rescues!! I love cats!! I love to gently entice, befriend and tame wild kittens. The ones that are still skiddish after I have done my best, are the ones that I keep. Of course all that I have are fixed. Currently I have 6.... that are seen on a regular basis. 3 more show up when the hunting thing isn't working for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets