U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM

3,021 posts, read 9,386,381 times

Advertisements

Steve-O, I have been known to have nightmares about snakes, but even I have to admit that your California Kingsnake is gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 PM

20,019 posts, read 64,072,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Steve-O, I have been known to have nightmares about snakes, but even I have to admit that your California Kingsnake is gorgeous!
Thanks! Its actually my wife's though. She picked a perfect snake though! He's beautiful and more loving than my dog even! Most docile animal Ive ever seen in my life.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 PM

24,934 posts, read 39,252,056 times
Oh, I couldn't pick just one... that would be like choosing your favorite child! I've had lots of animals, from cats & dogs, to lizards (geckos & iguanas), birds, guinea pigs, hamsters, fish, and so forth. My favorites are probably cats, and I have to admit the one I still miss GREATLY was my precious Gizmo (hence the screen name, LOL). She was a longhaired black cat with yellow eyes, who I rescued as a sickly kitten at the pound. She was really the best kitty, and I miss her almost every day - she died at age 7 when she went outside & got hit by a car.

I also love my doggie, of course, who's a 38 lb. mixed breed named Rudy, and the 2 cats I have now. The guinea pigs were great pets too - very easy to care for (though a bit expensive), friendly, humorous, and the type of animal I'd easily recommend for kids. As for the WORST pet, I would sadly have to say the birds... the cockatiels were alright, just a bit annoying, and then I had an Amazon Grey parrot who I turned out to be highly allergic to. No pet is fun when they're making you violently ill for 6 months! But all animals are great, and I'll certainly add more to my family at some point.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:49 PM

78 posts, read 409,676 times
Best pet ever is a tarantula!

They are cheap and easy to house. Once you set up their enclosure, you rarely have to clean or mess with it. They require minimal maintenance. You can choose to handle and interract with them, or choose not to, it has no bearing on their life. You only have to feed and water them once a week. And they can go without food for a while so if you go out of town for a few weeks, you don't have to worry about them. They'll be fin when you get back.

Plus they come in all sorts of different colors, sizes, temperments, and personalities. Just about anyone could find one that is right for them.

Aphonopelma hentzi (Texas brown)

Eupalaestrus campestratus (pink zebra beauty)

Pterinochilus murinus (Mombasa golden starburst)

Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 AM

Whatsup Kevin??? Glad to see you here! Im on the ATSHQ boards too, havent posted there in awhile though.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:18 AM

78 posts, read 409,676 times
Hey Steve-o, We miss you over there. It was actually one of your threads that I found through a search that led me to the city data forums. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevez2 View Post
Hey Steve-o, We miss you over there. It was actually one of your threads that I found through a search that led me to the city data forums. Thanks!
How odd! Ive been posting here and there on the tarantula boards, but I havent gotten any new ones to share some pics with you guys.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,038 times
Hi everyone!I need some ideas about aniamls to ask for for Christmas.Not a cat,dog,lizard,bird,rat,or anything like that.I want something really fuzzy!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 AM

5 posts, read 9,975 times
How about a ferrett, they are cute and furry and like to play.If you can have 2 they are a lot of fun to watch play. Just make sure you really want one .Too many people get them then decide they don't want it. My son does rescue work for ferretts and it is horrible how mean some people are.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:39 AM

5,232 posts, read 12,409,211 times
My favorite is my sulcata, Sherman. I just think tortoises are the ultimate pet. They're nearly care free / maintenance free if you live in warm climates. Just need to make sure the fencing you have for them runs very deep under ground and is very, very solid or they'll ram it over or dig through. Other than that, they've got the same personality as a dog and will follow you and beg for food and attention and play with toys. Of the three we have, Sherman is by far the most social and comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets