U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:56 AM

550 posts, read 1,973,052 times
Default The best pet EVER!!!!! (In your opinion)

I would have to say my bearded dragons. (Sorry CC and BB cats, mommy loves you!)

I have 2. Diego is my first. He came home from the pet store with me as a sweet little baby. He now comes with me anywhere and everywhere. He comes on holidays with us and is just the SWEETEST guy in the WORLD!!!

Kizzie is my rescue. When I took him from his abusers they thought he was a girl and he was as thin as a pancake. Really. When I petted him for the first time it sounded HOLLOW. It made me physically sick. He didn't have a UVB light so for the first 2 months he wasn't able to stretch his front arms out straight. He held them against his sides at all times. To be honest with you I don't think he could move them.

SICK!!! How could people treat a beautiful lizard like that?????

We love him to death and I think this summer he will be ready to ride on one of our shoulders like Diego does.

My beardies are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 01:05 PM

1,932 posts, read 7,333,384 times
I would have to say the best pets I have ever had are the three my husband and I have right now. We have 2 American Pit Bull Terriers and a snake. Everyone tells us that we are crazy for having a snake, but he is the sweetest thing! People also like to tell us that we are insane for owning American Pit Bull Terriers because they believe all of the unbelievable myths they have heard about them! In reality APBTs are one of the most intelligent, tolerant, stable, people-friendly breeds in existence! In fact they are one of the only breeds that were bred specifically to be trustworthy human-friendly dogs. Alot of horrible, heartless people do tend to get APBTs and the other "pit bull" breeds (American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers) just so they can abuse them, neglect them and train them to be mean, but that doesn't make them all bad... its the owners that make their dogs mean. So anyway, like I said, in my opinion our snake and our American Pit Bull Terriers are the best pets in the world! lol!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM

8,377 posts, read 20,082,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I would have to say the best pets I have ever had are the three my husband and I have right now. We have 2 American Pit Bull Terriers and a snake. Everyone tells us that we are crazy for having a snake, but he is the sweetest thing! People also like to tell us that we are insane for owning American Pit Bull Terriers because they believe all of the unbelievable myths they have heard about them! In reality APBTs are one of the most intelligent, tolerant, stable, people-friendly breeds in existence! In fact they are one of the only breeds that were bred specifically to be trustworthy human-friendly dogs. Alot of horrible, heartless people do tend to get APBTs and the other "pit bull" breeds (American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers) just so they can abuse them, neglect them and train them to be mean, but that doesn't make them all bad... its the owners that make their dogs mean. So anyway, like I said, in my opinion our snake and our American Pit Bull Terriers are the best pets in the world! lol!
The thing about pit bulls is that they are very easy to train and have those sharp jaws. A well raised pit bull is one of the best dogs one can have! Really, the most naturally mean breed is probably the Chow Chow. Those things are submissive and nasty.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:53 PM

550 posts, read 1,973,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Hey, I have a snake too! She is a bull snake from Arizona. This summer she turned 22. She seems as healthy as ever so who knows how long she will be with me!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,618,534 times
My Rosco. A mix breed who needed a home and a friend ... definitely the best pet ever IMO. He was my best bud

Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 6,708,484 times
Default I am an animal fanatic.....

All pets I ever had, are/ were the best....no better, no less.
I had so many of them....huh.
Now I only have 2 dogs, my 4 year old German Shepherd "Miko", and my 1 1/4 year Mix "Monti". They keep me and my dh busy all day.
Monti I got from a no-kill shelter, and he has the "needy issue".....he's like a little kid, and hates to be left alone.
Funny, I got him to keep my 4 year old company, and now WE have to keep HIM (the little one) company.....LOL.
BTW...the "little" one is only 85 lbs....LOL.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 PM

1,932 posts, read 7,333,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Hey, I have a snake too! She is a bull snake from Arizona. This summer she turned 22. She seems as healthy as ever so who knows how long she will be with me!
We have a ball python right now.. I had another ball python and a boa, but the ball python died from eating a sick mouse and we had to give the 5ft boa to someone that could take better care of him I have heard snakes can live up to something like 50 years! I dont know if thats true or not though.. The ball python that we have right now is about 3ft and 2 years old

Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 AM

6,925 posts, read 10,549,542 times
My two sons are my favorite pets right now. They sit when told, they use the bathroom, but they do back talk ....

Just kidding! Has to be me pooch. Did own a snake many moons ago but it did nothing for me.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM

8,687 posts, read 17,643,517 times
Quote:
My two sons are my favorite pets right now
I have a friend with a young daughter who had an imaginary alter-ego - a dog named 'sparkle', I think. Sparkle was her mom's favorite pet - the 5 y/o child wouldn't do ANYTHING (it seemed) that her mom wanted her to do, but Sparkle was soooo obedient . A little embarassing to tell your child to 'sit' or 'stay', but it works....

Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 PM

4,549 posts, read 6,025,395 times
I've loved all my pets but it would have to be my Jack Russell Terrier...he's a laid back jack...LOL...a major sofa slug.

Last year I became quite ill and was off work and bed ridden for over 4 months and Gator my Jack and my Corgi Tucker were very very patient. Gator stayed with me at all times including the many many hours I spent in bed sleeping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets