Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2007, 03:21 PM

351 posts, read 1,068,675 times

Advertisements

Seems it's breeding time for cat's.

newsobserver.com | Kittens flood animal shelters (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/629548.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 04:30 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
If you love your cat, you will spay it if it goes outside at all. And no one does any feral cat a favor by feeding it.
What is wrong with people??
MBG

Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Exactly what is wrong with people. My neighbors declawed cat spent 4 days living on my front porch or back deck. She was attacked by the red tail hawk
(but escaped), had no food or water in this heat!! And she had no shelter from the fireworks out here in the country in way of her owners house! This cat was adopted by them a month ago........ tsk, tsk, badddd neighbor. And she has tuned me out.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:59 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
Autumgal, people can be so selfish...it is sick!!
MBG

Old 07-07-2007, 05:43 PM

740 posts, read 2,013,628 times

We live out in the country... we are in the favorite spot to dump these little darlings.... I love to gently entice, befriend and tame wild kittens. The ones that are still skiddish after I have done my best, are the ones that I keep. Of course all that I have are fixed. Currently I have 6.... that are seen on a regular basis. 3 more show up when the hunting thing isn't working for them. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CATS SPAYED OR NEUTERED!! Using the infamous words of Bob Barker.....

Old 07-07-2007, 07:14 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post

We live out in the country... we are in the favorite spot to dump these little darlings.... I love to gently entice, befriend and tame wild kittens. The ones that are still skiddish after I have done my best, are the ones that I keep. Of course all that I have are fixed. Currently I have 6.... that are seen on a regular basis. 3 more show up when the hunting thing isn't working for them. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CATS SPAYED OR NEUTERED!! Using the infamous words of Bob Barker.....

Wow, does this bring back memories.

When I lived in Missouri, I was informed by the neighbor that "our" farm road was a favorite dumping ground for losers who wanted to dump their cats and dogs...she told me it was a yearly thing around XMAS......people get a dog or cat for their kids only to find out they can't handle the responsibility.

I happened to be outside one night when a jacka$$ decided to dump an entire litter of puppies in the farm field next to my house...I jumped in my jeep and took after the idiot...I got a license # and reported it.
BTW...I've done that more times than I care to talk about. ...unfortunately, it happens everywhere.

When I got back the puppies were all huddled together in the field...all eight of them.
I found a no kill shelter and was able to bring them there...I later found out they were all adopted.

**The kitty in the pic^^^ is ADORABLE!**

I took in a feral cat once...I never regretted it.
She calmed down quite a bit after getting some human affection.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:29 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Washington Co [Hagerstown] MD SPCA have so many cats/kittens that for awhile they are having a buy one get one free deal. I guess if they will be putting a lot down if this does not work.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:38 AM

603 posts, read 1,947,077 times
the shelter here puts down kittiens all the time.People always bring in new borns when they are told repeatedly to leave them because mom will most likely come back!If they dont have a nursing mommy cat then theres no hope.So many people just trap them for the hell of it.And the poor wildlife.Racoons, possums, pidgeons you name it.It sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets