U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:10 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,156,024 times

Advertisements

You know you have pets when...
the bottom third of your Christmas tree has no decorations so the dog and foster cats don't eat them (or damage them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 10:46 AM

21,767 posts, read 21,637,254 times
All the dirver side car doors have scratch marks on them.
All my pockets have hay in them.
The windows have nose and paw prints on them.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:10 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,787,412 times
the back seat and the front passenger seat are permanently covered in quilts and sheets..... and anything that stays in the car more than a day or 2 comes out coated in dog hair.....

Old 12-17-2010, 08:20 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,017,256 times
I was out with a friend the other night and she mentioned she thought her breath smelled funny....I reached in my purse and brought out a stick of gum.
She took it, and popped it in her mouth
Two seconds later she gets this weird look on her face, sticks her fingers in her mouth and pulls out a dog hair.....
How in the HECK did that make it inside the wrapping??????

Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 AM

8,039 posts, read 3,958,516 times
You know you have pets when the inside of the car windows is so covered up with nose prints you can hardly see out. I know i should clean them but I figure why bother, won't be long before they are that way again.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,603,669 times
The fact my "Friday night plans" involved "cleaning the cages." Lol. We have to have a lot of paper towels on hand too, lol. And lots of white vinegar. We use white vinegar to clean everything because it's not toxic to animals like many of the other cleaning products. It actually works better than any cleaning product I've used too, so I highly recommend it.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:58 AM

8,039 posts, read 3,958,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
The fact my "Friday night plans" involved "cleaning the cages." Lol. We have to have a lot of paper towels on hand too, lol. And lots of white vinegar. We use white vinegar to clean everything because it's not toxic to animals like many of the other cleaning products. It actually works better than any cleaning product I've used too, so I highly recommend it.
Great tip thanks. I have a rabbit cage that has to be cleaned on a regular basis and I was using rubbing alcohol to clean the bottom of the cage. It never ocurred to me to use vinegar.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 AM

13,787 posts, read 18,711,608 times
My chihuahua has to be fed baby food sometimes because of severe stomach problems he seems to get every once and a while . So here we are noticably older than most in the lines and the cashier will ask us how old is your baby ? Oh no baby , chihuahua dog with severe stomach issues and a winter wool coat full of stray dog hairs LOL !!! You can always tell when folks have a dog with the stray dog hair on their winter wool coats .

Old 12-18-2010, 10:26 AM

8,233 posts, read 11,253,620 times
Wow I feel so much more normal now... I get up at what ever hour my dogs want to take them out. I have 6. Elwood does an imitation of an elephant seal next to my bed. better to take him out than listen to it. then the others get into the outing.

I buy 100#'s of dog food at a time. So I really do have more dog food than people food. I wouldn't trade my kids for anything...

Old 12-18-2010, 11:09 AM

946 posts, read 2,516,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Another - today I was looking at apartments, and they had two units available in my price range. One is a 2-bedroom with balcony for $1350, and the other is a 1-bedroom w/ fenced yard for $1345. Basically the same price, so I was weighing the options in my head... the 2br would give the snakes their OWN room, but the 1br would give Rudy (the dog) a fenced yard. No thoughts of my own needs, just "how do they benefit my animals?"
So true! When you're looking at new houses/apartments, the first thing you do is look around and think things like, Will my dog be able to go up those stairs? Is there enough space there for her bed? They really are like our children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or