Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 AM

387 posts, read 607,730 times

Advertisements

...never left?

Our current cat (Buddy) is 4 years old now, but we got him to replace an 8-year-old orange tabby called Milo who got hit by a car in 2004. Last year, I've started noticing strange behavior from him. He's perfectly healthy and the vet says he's "handsome" so I know he's not sick.

I've been seeing him "stare" at things, like he's looking at something I can't see. He'll also go in the bathroom and attempt to play with...something. I've also been smelling scents that frankly...I should not be smelling since we don't have any of those sources in the house.

I've told my parents that I think the ghost of Milo is haunting us. If he is, he's a friendly ghost and has never caused any problems. However it is kind of spooky just the same...

This may not even be the case, but Buddy has me intrigued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM

216 posts, read 829,823 times
I do believe there are more things existing between heaven and earth than what meets the (human) eye.
I believe there is the possibility of spirits and higher powers and non-physical beings accompanying and maybe guiding us and that we all are somehow connected, spiritually so to speak. I don't know if there is such a thing as complete reincarnation, maybe yes, maybe no, or if maybe the soul of a passed life lives on to be a spirit and "visits" other earthly beings every now and then.
I sometimes wonder if my long passed grandmother sometimes comes to visit "through" my cat, I sometimes have a feeling...I don't think that my cat is the reincarnation of my grandmother, just a tool so to speak for my grandmother's spirit to communicate with me. Maybe, maybe not.
If I knew, I'd know it all...
I think it is a comforting thought to think your cat Milo is coming to visit every now and then, and is not really dead and gone, but still there, as is your cat Buddy, who has his own soul and spirit but also might be sending messages from Milo to you.
Does that make sense?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:36 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,720 times
A very brave post.

I was the first to have a logical explanation to things that appear to be unexplainable. However I encountered something that I really can't explain.

On another occasion I went to look at a house with a view to buying it. Our dog wouldn't walk over the threshold. Needless to say I didn't buy the house.

I believe animals are more in tune with their sixth sense than us.
I think every pet owner has encountered their pets staring completely focused in a particular direction for no apparent reason.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,403,639 times
I've seen one of our dogs (that died suddenly) in the house after she was gone. It was broad daylight and she was looking down at me from upstairs. Of course when I looked again she was gone. Whether it was a trick of the eye, wishful thinking, my imagination, something else or that she had stopped in to say goodbye- I can't say for sure. All I know is that I got comfort out of seeing her there and thats all that matters.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,663,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrikeV View Post
I do believe there are more things existing between heaven and earth than what meets the (human) eye.
I believe there is the possibility of spirits and higher powers and non-physical beings accompanying and maybe guiding us and that we all are somehow connected, spiritually so to speak. I don't know if there is such a thing as complete reincarnation, maybe yes, maybe no, or if maybe the soul of a passed life lives on to be a spirit and "visits" other earthly beings every now and then.
I sometimes wonder if my long passed grandmother sometimes comes to visit "through" my cat, I sometimes have a feeling...I don't think that my cat is the reincarnation of my grandmother, just a tool so to speak for my grandmother's spirit to communicate with me. Maybe, maybe not.
If I knew, I'd know it all...
I think it is a comforting thought to think your cat Milo is coming to visit every now and then, and is not really dead and gone, but still there, as is your cat Buddy, who has his own soul and spirit but also might be sending messages from Milo to you.
Does that make sense?
I have actually thought the same. When my mom passed away, my cat Scudder (she too has passed on) would come and try to talk to me, curl up to me - moreso than before, and just be with me all the time to help comfort me. I don't know how it would be possible, but I felt her presence through my cat. I know it is wierd, but I think if you are connected to animals - I think its easier to have a different perspective of surroundings. A friend of mine calls it the "force".

Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 AM

216 posts, read 829,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janecj View Post
I have actually thought the same. When my mom passed away, my cat Scudder (she too has passed on) would come and try to talk to me, curl up to me - moreso than before, and just be with me all the time to help comfort me. I don't know how it would be possible, but I felt her presence through my cat. I know it is wierd, but I think if you are connected to animals - I think its easier to have a different perspective of surroundings. A friend of mine calls it the "force".
I have never heard it being called the "force" before...but very interesting.
Makes me think about it a little further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets