U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,482,783 times

Advertisements

Just a thought, most of us will outlive our pets. Anyway, I was thinking pets now can live to age 14 and over. We also age, my question, is if you do a will etc., does anyone do anything to provide for a pet? In Florida, now, it is legal to set up a pet trust, and, this law just did pass in May, if you have a pet, the remains, can be buried with you it a casket? Fine by me-

Any thoughts of all this? they do need to be in an urn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM

14,939 posts, read 10,209,707 times
This is interesting to know! Where can I read up on it? Learn more?
Thanks for this information.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:20 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,482,783 times
Default pets and life issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
This is interesting to know! Where can I read up on it? Learn more?
Thanks for this information.
soon more states will listen to people with pets. you if florida may do a search pets and burials, or search the statue. Pets, now, and soon more states will listen to the people. Some attorneys have not a clue, therefore be
cautious. just do a seach for your state, or go to the state statue line, and if Florida could make a change, any state can! Contact your rep, with your concerns over your pets, that is just how Florida, did away with the old!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM

14,939 posts, read 10,209,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
soon more states will listen to people with pets. you if florida may do a search pets and burials, or search the statue. Pets, now, and soon more states will listen to the people. Some attorneys have not a clue, therefore be
cautious. just do a seach for your state, or go to the state statue line, and if Florida could make a change, any state can! Contact your rep, with your concerns over your pets, that is just how Florida, did away with the old!
I'm in Florida Thanks for your help!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:33 PM

1,930 posts, read 9,458,968 times
We are in Florida as well.. I didn't hear about all of this. That is interesting! I definitely want to learn more about all of this! I think it is a wonderful idea to set up a trust fund for your dog(s)! Especially people like my husband and I who own three American Pit Bull Terriers and anyone that owns a so-called "dangerous" breed! I would want to make sure our babies are taken care of and not just dumped somewhere or stuck in a shelter to be put to sleep!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,813,863 times
My will designates who will take care of my animals if something should happen to me and the funds to provide for them.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM

434 posts, read 1,586,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
My will designates who will take care of my animals if something should happen to me and the funds to provide for them.
I have done this also. In addition I made arrangements with a no-kill shelter to take them and recieve the same amount in donation should the listed designees be unable to take them or preceed me in death. I also had it worded "any and all pets owned at the time of death" so I wouldn't have to have it redone if I outlive my current crew or add new babies. Of course my hubby is listed first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or