Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What pet do prefer
Dog All the way! 16 42.11%
Cat Fancier! 6 15.79%
Love Both Equally! 13 34.21%
Rodent Variety (Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Rabits, Rats) 1 2.63%
Reptiles & Amphibians! 1 2.63%
Fishies! 1 2.63%
Other/Exotic 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:29 AM

3,292 posts, read 9,187,103 times

Advertisements

Oh, I am SO a cat person...

There have been a few dogs in my life but a very few..most have been just plain pains to me. (probably the training by their humans) I hate having to take a dog out to do their business first thing in the morning. I don't mind having to clean a litterbox...guess cause I have all my life. Liz

Quote:
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
I grew up with dogs but adopted a feline "ward of the neighborhood" almost ten years ago and moved in with two lovely redheads (one of them being a dachsund ) about two years ago.

I appreciate our dog's playfulness as much as my cat's low-maintenance... but I love them both equally.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:53 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Although, don't laugh...when I had a cat...I had a leash for her...lol...ok, I can only laugh at that....
Yeah I bought a leash for my cat too~ he was wasn't really feeling that... LOL

Old 07-26-2007, 06:59 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
I used to take Mundus (my previous cat) for walks on his little purple leash.
It was awesome, not only would he walk next to me - but when we hit his "favorite spots" on the street with the little half brick walls and rock edges, he would be dragging me behind him, practically bouncing and running/streaking down the road... it caused quite a few cars to slow down and laugh during the busier times of day. . .

Old 07-26-2007, 05:22 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,093 times
Maybe another draw to dogs is that there are so many different breeds/varieties of them. There's a dog to suit every personality. Yes, there are cat breeds but there are far fewer breeds than dogs and all cats seem to act a like. I'm probably wrong though!

Old 07-26-2007, 06:20 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,729 times
I love all animals, but I'm definitely a dog person! I love how dogs can always cheer you up! They are always there with their tails wagging ready to drowned you in kisses! My husband and I own three WoNdErFuL American Pit Bull Terriers! Brooklyn is our 1 year 2 month old, brindle, male, Destiny is our 6 month old, white and tan, female and Jayda, our newest addition, is our 7 1/2 month old, black and white, female. They are all so amazing! They are so smart, sweet, tolerant, gentle, obedient, loyal, devoted and goofy! They are pretty much just big babies that love everyone and everything, and they think they are lap dogs! We also have a ball python named Duval. He's about 3 years old and about 3 feet long. I wanted to get a kitten, but my husband is allergic to them. I told him that there are cats that are good for allergy sufferers, but he just really doesn't seem to want one. We have been talking about getting two birds, but we haven't made up our minds yet. I think we have enough pets for right now, but we are always open to getting more!

Here are our babies...

Old 07-26-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
and all cats seem to act a like.
You've never met my "parrot" Charlie, who is also an acrobat.

Or his sister, Mischief who thinks she is a Christmas decoration:

Or his other sister, Scamp, who likes to dig for treasure or hide in my sweater:

http://www.thegazebo.net/cats/images/Webshell/TheKittens//Scamp/Sweater Kitty.jpg (broken link)

Then there is their mama, first in a Christmas tree and then under my kitchen rug:

And last but never least, their "Aunt Izzy" who was chasing a bug on the ceiling in the first one and got in the dryer in the second one:

Alike???? Not by a long shot. Liz

Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,404 times
Oh my, I've never had 2 cats that were alike!

Michelle - Every bit the lady and a bit of a scardy cat.

Mini Moo - A "Great Hunter" and loved to give kisses.

Madison - Constantly looked for attention, and hated the great outdoors.

Oscar - After disappearing for 2 weeks when we moved he reappeared and 2 weeks after that a lady from down the street showed up wanting
to know what I was doing with her "new" cat (we sorted it out and
laughed) he set himself a schedule and was a time-share cat.

Spider Man - Absolutely loved the heat and was so laid back that we could
take him anywhere and he'd be ok with it. He made many
friends.

Groo - More dog than cat; he actually loved to swim in the bathtub, and the
vet said that he was the only patient he had that was actually happy
to see him.

Charlie - She would eat french fries and watch TV with us, and loved
classical music.

Felix - Let's just say, "Felix had issues." Bless his heart.

I'll stop now; I've gone on too long and I haven't even talked about the 3cats I have now. I have to ditto with southernlady.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Btw, Charley, Mischief, and Scamp all turned 5 years old today. (the 26th) Liz

Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,073 times
I am a dog person, but I love tortoises and some fish as well. Parrots too...Well, all the animals.But I love dogs the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets