Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:07 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times

Advertisements

I would walk over the bodies of dead and injured humans to rescue a stray cat.

If there was nothing better, I would grind up human flesh to feed my cats.

When the raccoons come and look in the kitchen door for food, I fill their bowl full. And when it's empty, I fill it again.

When humans on the street beg for spare change, I either ignore them or tell them to beat it.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
feeding the local racooon population is NOT a good idea, please stop doing this, as a wildlife rehabber, im telling you this is a very bad idea, not only are you desensitizing the racoons to human presence your teaching them to aproach humans for food, racoons are also not only carriers of rabies but many other illnesses and a racoon thats been desensitized to human presense is not only troublesome (they will learn to open your doors and windows and "help them selves" but potentially dangerous, racoons will attack people if theyve been desnsitized and think those people have food.
racoons will also kill kittens and attack (and potneitally kill or infect) adult cats and small dogs, for food.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE...watch them, enjoy their antics, but dont ENCOURAGE them to aproach your home/take food ect.

i cannot tell you how many calls i get over the year to remove racoons that were "CUTE" when they first started comming round for food, but after a few months of feeding bring thier frineds are screaming and fighting all night, attacking neighborhood small pets and even kids, and are tearing through screens, opening doors ect and geting into the atticks/walls and houses in general of these people.

these racoons can usually NOT be rehabbed and released so they have to be put to sleep or sent to centers (and centers typically wont take them) because releasing them they will either return or begin aproaching new people for food.

not to mention its dangerous for the racoons too, they think people will give them food and are often desnsitzed to the feeders larger pets too...so it puts them at risk of attack from larger dogs, and from being shot on sight from other people who may assume that overly frinedly racoon is rabid.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,883 times
The answer should be a human life and I am fairly sure I would save a person first.

However I know I would save my pets without thinking about the consequences of my own safety, I would just react. Not the right answer but that's me.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,515 times
I don't think one's life is more important than the other's. We are all living creatures capable of feeling pain and emotion. I do admit I have more empathy for animals than for humans. I do feel bad when I hear about people in situations of pain and suffering, but I feel more pain for animals in the same situation just because they're more generally forgotten and given less importance. They have no voice and nobody to stand up for them. I know I'll always be given crap about it, but it's how I feel. I would rather donate to animal causes than to humans'.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:11 PM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
Quote:
A friend and I were having a conversation about animals and humans and who's life we feel is more important. I would enjoy other peoples thoughts on this matter so please give me some feedback
It's clear-cut !!
As a general question the answer is known!
for everyone without thinking, without any debate just tell me ?

Which is serious thing :

If you kill a chicken or kill a human ?

Old 04-09-2011, 06:25 PM

that all depends...is the chicken being killed to privide FOOD for me and my family or just for the sake of being killed...
did the human do something to need retaliation...

i wouldnt KILL either unless there was a good reason, i think killing in itself for NO reason is barbaric...

i will however kill a chicken (and have) to feed me and my family...
i WOULD kill a human in self defence if i needed to...

to me all life is sacred, be it animal human or even plants...
and killing should only occur in a situation in which it MUST to protect or feed myself or my family.

killing...and saving...however...are like comparing apples to oranges...

Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 AM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
No,no need to give details.
As a general question it is known that the HUMANS LIFE is the most important or the most VALUABLE.

No need to suppose ' if ..then'
If human is a criminal ,killer ,burglar,... .. etc

because, he asked a GENERAL CLEAR QUESTION and all of us must say Humans Life!
OK
Imagine this attitude :
If you see a child (suppose 1 year old) is about to fall into a deep hole and in the other side, a baby cat is also about to fall into a deep hole.
Here, You are in the middle.
You can help one of them, just one. Don't say( if.. then )I give u the details.
There is no enough time to help them together.

If you help the cat,the child certainly will fall into a deep hole and he could die.
If you help the child, the cat certainly will fall into a deep hole and it could die,too.

So, you have one choice to choose.

Which one is would you choose?

which one is weighted to rescue ?

I hope you understood my weak language.

Adding, also imagine that a baby cat is for you, you are the own, so it's your lovely cat

Answer ....

Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 AM

my instinct says the cat...my brain says the kid...

but i also dont get along well with children, and where the hell is this kids parents.
so for me...yes it realy DOES depend on the ifs and buts...because i dont "like" human beings as a whole...

Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 AM

946 posts, read 2,918,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
my instinct says the cat...my brain says the kid...

but i also dont get along well with children, and where the hell is this kids parents.
so for me...yes it realy DOES depend on the ifs and buts...because i dont "like" human beings as a whole...
Hahaha! That made me laugh .

I'd have to agree. I'd have about the same compassion for the child as I do for the kitten. Both are valuable in my eyes.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 AM

511 posts, read 2,199,641 times
If I saw a random situation where an animal (lets say dog, because I am a dog person) and a stranger (let's say and average joe kinda guy) were in equal peril, I would save the stranger hands down. I may not know the person, but I just think... what if they have a family depending on them? How many lives would be torn apart if I let the person die and choose to save the dog instead? Yeah, he could be a bad person... who knows... but he could also have childeren/a spouse/siblings/parents/friends who love him, who would be crushed if they lost him. I think about... what if my husband/daughter/mother/sister/ect were in peril, and someone was in a position to save either them, or a loose dog... I would want the person to choose to save my family member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets