U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,058,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswife View Post
Well I don't care about being popular either. I am a huge dog lover and animal lover for that matter but I have never heard a good story regarding pit bulls.
I'm going to start this off by saying to Vicki that it's a horrible thing that happened and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Now, regarding the above comment, you may have never heard a good story regarding pit bulls, but do you think it's possible that people sensationalize the pit bull because of their reputation as a mean breed, so you only hear the negative stories? Of course, Michael Vicks story is out now so I know it doesn't help the breed any but I'm sure that not all pit bulls are cold blooded killers. I am a true believer that it has a lot to do with bloodlines and ownership but that could be true with any breed. Unfortunately it's the rottweilers, pit bulls and dobermans that have the reputation.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:50 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,423,595 times
Smoke....fire...
does not take a genius to see there is a problem with the breed.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM

14 posts, read 26,813 times
Gotta add my two cents...I'm also a dog lover but I don't have any experience with Pits. Had a Rottweiler for 11 years named Samson but had to put him to sleep in May due to various health problems. He was the biggest baby! The most loving, sweetest dog I've ever had. And if children were near, he became very protective of them and would follow them everywhere as if keeping an eye on them. He was such a gentle old man.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM

157 posts, read 482,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I don't care about being popular, so I'll say it:
I would love to see all pit bulls killed and the species extinct.

From this story to the elderly handicapped woman attacked in her own home this week after two pit bulls broke into the house, to the plethora of other stories, it IS the dog, not JUST the owner.

Let the pit bull apologists come running to this thread to defend these disgusting beasts, now....

There, I said it.
kmway, I feel that this species should be banned but I dont think they should all be killed off. I feel that this is a dangerous breed but I heard of nice loving pits as well. It mostly about the owner who raise them. That story is crazy though about the pits breaking into a home.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
I agree. When will people realize that human life is more valuable?
Businessperson, who determines that human life is more valuable than an animal. This is the problem with man now-a-days. We think we are god and we play god. I honestly feel that the same way they control animal populations, they should control human populations as well because one day we will use up all the natural resources with our oversized families, and unnecessary lavish lifestyles. We are the biggest threat on the planet but we dont even know it. So a human life is the same as an animal life. We are all living creatures of the planet

Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,423,595 times
That is the weirdest post yet. So you want to neuter human males? HAHA, ok.

But yeah, I was exaggerating in that post I made about killing them off. I actually believe in banning, too.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 AM

I also feel that that is f***ed up too about what happened.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
That is the weirdest post yet. So you want to neuter human males? HAHA, ok.

But yeah, I was exaggerating in that post I made about killing them off. I actually believe in banning, too.
Man has gotten out of hand with pit bull breeding so there should be a national pit bull ban. There are some good pitbull owners but there is a price to pay

Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,754,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibbs2007 View Post
Businessperson, who determines that human life is more valuable than an animal. This is the problem with man now-a-days. We think we are god and we play god. I honestly feel that the same way they control animal populations, they should control human populations as well because one day we will use up all the natural resources with our oversized families, and unnecessary lavish lifestyles. We are the biggest threat on the planet but we dont even know it. So a human life is the same as an animal life. We are all living creatures of the planet
Um....well....never mind....

Old 08-29-2007, 04:04 PM

298 posts, read 477,848 times
I grew up around livestock, and many, many dogs will attack and kill goats, sheep, etc. Unlike coyotes, the dogs run through and injure many animals, hamstringing them, etc. This didn't happen because it was a pit, and just because a dog will kill livestock (sounds like a very normal thing for a dog to do, when you think about it) does not mean it will turn on a human. Whenever we found dogs attacking our livestock (cows, horses, sheep, etc) we would just shoot them. Sometimes we would tell the owner (if we knew who it was) what happened, and let them know that if the dog came back we would have no choice but to shoot it. When a dog is not raised around livestock, they often will chase them and then injure them because of instinct and excitement. Pits are not all bad, they are a terrier, but extremely strong, which coupled with that terrier personality makes them formidable and dog aggressive. We all know that they have attracted "the wrong crowd" because of this, much like dobes, rotts, etc did. In truth the only dogs I have been attacked by are a chow chow, a sharpei, a german shepherd and a great pyranees. The pyranees was huge and scary, but he was using an inhibited bite, so I took it in stride. The chow and sharpei were different stories altogether though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or