Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 08:32 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times

Advertisements

Reading this just got my blood boiling!

"When a bag of kittens was dumped and run over in traffic on a rural Iowa highway, a dog named Reagan rushed to their rescue."

Heroic Dog Rescues Kittens Dumped in Traffic | Life With Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
I'm not even going to click the link. Instead, I'm going to take your word for it and not send my blood pressure skyrocketing.

Suffice it to say that some people should be put in a bag and left in traffic.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I'm not even going to click the link. Instead, I'm going to take your word for it and not send my blood pressure skyrocketing.

Suffice it to say that some people should be put in a bag and left in traffic.
Different link with pictures of the two that survived. They're up for adoption.

Raccoon Valley Animal Sanctuary & Rescue - No-Kill

Old 12-02-2011, 01:01 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
I'm beginning to think that mental illness is more an issue with humans and animals get it figured out. They value life more than humans do, whether it's theirs or not. A very sad commentary on humanity today

Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 PM

573 posts, read 1,689,763 times
I had someone bring into my rescue two baby kittens who were put in a sealed trash bag and thrown out of a moving vehicle. It makes me sick. I mean, why seal the bag? It's disgusting to think that people actually do this. One went to Ft. Lauderdale to her new furever home and the other is currently scratching up my couch.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,527 times
I'm with Yzette on this one, not clicking on the link. It's horrible I can tell. And omgosh ilovebdj! I honestly don't know how those kind of people can live with themselves with doing things like that. They don't have an ounce of feelings. Thank god for people like members on these boards who DO care! If there weren't people like ya'll, I just wouldn't want to live in this world!

Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
I can't click on the link-but someone told me about it-it makes me sick why people think this is acceptable...I could never hurt a kitten or a dog or a bird..yay for Reagan!!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Every single one of my pets is a rescue. Not from a rescue organization but from the idiot, heartless, POS in Miami.

The cats are from the ******** who dumped them off in the Everglades. In fact, (I used to live and work there), I was out one night and watched as a car pulled up near me, stopped for two seconds and then raced off.

In the shadows I saw a little black cat running around, scared. I then watched it run off in to the brush and shortly after, it started screaming.

(No, I did not know that the car was dumping a cat off....I would be in jail if I had known that.)

I put food out and over the course of two weeks, I finally won the trust of that cat and she is currently sitting on my couch, up here in Maine, with the other cats I rescued from the Everglades that ******** dumped.

My dogs were dumped out of a moving vehicle in to traffic in Miami. There were three puppies, (3 months old), and by the time they were picked up, one had already been hit and killed. I have the other two.

I know, for a fact, that if I ever SEE anyone do anything like this, I will, undoubtedly, end up in the slammer because there is NO. WAY. I can remain calm and not inflict massive bodily harm on someone I catch doing something like this.

I can keep cool in almost anything but not that.

It's overwhelming what people do to animals. We are the "superior" ones, eh? I think not.

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that there are people out there who work tirelessly to help animals, go above and beyond, and find them new homes.

I just wish rescues would work together. Unfortunately, some rescues seem to forget why the hell they got in to rescue in the first place and let it go to their heads, expand their egos and it becomes all about them, not the animals anymore.

Work together, it's not about you! Work together, you can save more!

And I think that those who are disgusted need to get up off of their butts and DO something about the light laws for animal abuse, torture and neglect. They won't get changed just by bitching about them on City Data. Get up, write letters, get petitions going, make phone calls, do something!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:42 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,376 times
Its not the pets but the "owners" that is ultimately responsible with their own "conscious" act.
The human that is "the sickos".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets