Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times

Advertisements

Here's a link that might shed some light on this...pick your poison! HA!

Michael Markarian: Animals & Politics: The Presidential Files: Barack Obama and the Dog-acity of Hope

Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,677 times
First let me state that I love animals and I hate to see them being mistreated. Now that's out of the way, let me say that I don't think animal rights is something particularly important in the overall scheme of who we should vote for. It's something that should be decided at a local level.

The president needs to think about fixing the people and the country first.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM

98 posts, read 453,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
let me say that I don't think animal rights is something particularly important in the overall scheme of who we should vote for. It's something that should be decided at a local level.

The president needs to think about fixing the people and the country first.
Well, a perk of democracy is that you don't get to decide what's important to the rest of us.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:18 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoo View Post
Well, a perk of democracy is that you don't get to decide what's important to the rest of us.
Again, it's something that should be left to each state to regulate, which means it shouldn't matter what the president himself thinks or does not think about it. In the scheme of things that are crucially important to the American public, it's unfortunate but animal rights aren't at the top. Ergo, it should be dealt with state by state.

Also, this is not a democracy, no matter how many times people try to call it one. The USA is a republic.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 PM

13 posts, read 42,329 times
I havent read through all these post, but something you might want to know that i heard on msnbc yesterday. Mit Romney once went on vacation with his wife, and he took his dog. Apparently they were going on on a hike an it was extremely hot outside. So instead of rolling down the window he took his dog out of the car and tied him to the top of the roof. The dog was so scared that he deficated on himself. While still tied on top of the car mr. romney hosed the scared pup off and then proceeed with his hike.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,734,834 times
Lightbulb Warning: a "little tongue in cheek"

What if we all name our pups "Arms"? Then Constitutionally, we have the RIGHT to keep and bare them.

BTW: Dennis K deserves the same tx.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
I don't see the gov'mnt ever getting involved in this. It's really a local issue. We need to go after our local reps about this. BSL really needs to be stopped.

When moving from FL to TN, we looked at a home outside of Nashville and almost bought it. Then we found out they have BSL against many breeds, including rotts which we have 3, so we backed out fast. That was followed up with a letter to the mayor stating why we backed out and that in my commute through their town I wouldn't even stop there for fuel. I'll push my car to the next town if I have to.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM

Found this info on BSL across the country. Anyone with the larger breeds might want to check it out. I can't guarantee that it's up to date, but if you're town is here, I'd check further.

ALABAMA
Gurley, Gadsden, Irondale, Lannett, Midfield, Montgomery, Orange Beach

ARKANSAS
Bald Knob, Beebe, Crossett, Fort Smith, Gosnell, Jacksonville, Maumell, McGehee, Monette, Mt. Home, Mulberry, North Little Rock, Russellville, Piggot, Searcy, Shannon Hills, Sherwood, Siloam Springs

CALIFORNIA
Sacramento, Santa Monica, Naval Base Ventura County, Point Mugu, Point Hueneme

COLORADO
Aurora,(under litigation) Broomfield, Castle Rock, Commerce City, Cripple Creek, Denver, Estes Park, Federal Heights, Fort Lupton, Golden, Lafayette, La Junta, Lakewood, Longmont, Lone Tree, Louisville, Loveland, Northglenn, Parker, Rocky Ford, Wellington, Westminster,

CONNECTICUT
Wetherfield

DELAWARE(state-wide)
New Castle County

FLORIDA(City of Pembroke Pines and the City of Hollywood soliciting to amend prohibition of BSL state-wide)
Coral Springs, Dade County/North Miami, Deltona, Sunrise, Tamarac

GEORGIA

Rockmart, Floyd COunty,

IDAHO
Kellog, Payette

ILLINOIS (state-wide withdrawn)
Beach Park, Bloomington, , Bourbonnais, Buffalo Grove, Cahokia, Cairo, Central City, Chester, Chicago, Cicero, Dixon, Effingham, Elmwood, Forest, Galena, Gillespie, Greenville, Hodgkins, Hoffman Estates, Johnston City, Kewanee, Lincolnshire, Lincolnwood, Lombard, Markham, Maryville,McHenry County, Minooka, Morrison, Mt. Olive, Mulberry Grove, Normal, North Chicago, Northlake, Oden, Paxton, Peru, Rock Falls, Salem, Sandover, Silvis, Sparta, Stone Park, Streater, Waukegan, Westfield, Wheeling, Will County, Wilsonville

INDIANA
Anderson, Indianapolis, Fowler, Gary, Lake County, Lake Station, Mishawaka, South Bend, St Joseph County, Walkerton, Williamsport, Winchester

IOWA
Atkins, Alburnett, Altoona, Anamosa, Baldwin, Belle Plaine, Benton County, Blairstown, Buffalo Center, Clarence, Conrad, Council Bluffs, Coutier, Carter Lake, Dallas Center, Dakota City, Marble Rock, Winthrop, Des Moines, Dexter, Donellson, Dumont, Durant, Fairfax, Fairfield, Forest City, Garrison, Hiawatha,Humbolt, Keystone, Lake Mills, Lockridge, Luzernne, Mason City, Miles, Mt. Auburn, Mt. Pleasant, Monticello, Muscatine, Newhall, Norway, Olin, Oxford Junction, Ottumwa, Palo, Pocohontas, Rake, Rockwell, Scarville, Shellsburg, Sigourney, Thompson, Urbana, Van Horne, Vinton, Walford, Wapello, Waterloo, Watkins, Washington, Wilton, Winterset

KANSAS
Augusta, Arkansas City, Beloit, Bonner Springs, Cheney, Cherokee County, Inman, Dodge City, El Dorado, Ellinwood, Ellis, Emporia, Fort Smith, Fredonia, Garden City, Garnett, Hesston, Jackson County, Junction City, Kansas City, Kingman, Lawrence, Leawood, Leavenworth, Liberal, Lola, Maize, Manhatten, Marysville,Merrium, Nickerson,Olathe, Osage, Overland Park, Park City, Pittsburg, Preston, St. John, Salina, Shawnee County, Scott City, Stafford, Sterling, Topeka, Ulyssas, Wichita, Wyandotte County

KENTUCKY
Bracken County,Corinth, Erlanger, Elsmere, Flatwoods, Frankfort, Goshen, Lietchfield, Lincoln County, Ludlow, Mayfield, Middlesboro, Milton, Oldham, Paintsville, Park Hills, Southgate, Spencer County, Taylor Mills, Union County, Walton

LOUISIANA
Baldwin, Gonzales, Lake Charles, Luling, Morgan City, Plaquemines Parish, St. Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Sulpher, Welsh

MARYLAND (state-wide)
Annapolis, Baltimore, Federalsburg, Hagerstown, Naval Base, Prince George County St. Mary's County,

MASSACHUSETTS
Abington, Amesbury, Bellingham, Boston, Brockton, Fall River, Gloucester, Haverhill, Holyoke, Marlborough, Medway, Methuen, New Bedford, Revere, Rockport, Salem, Tauton, Waltham, Whorster
MICHIGAN
Adrian, Alma, Almena, Almont, Ann Arbor, Battle Creek, Benton Harbor, Cassapolis, Crawford County, Crystal City, Dearborne Heights, Detroit, East Pointe, Evart Township, Grand Rapids, Grosse Point Woods, Hastings, Hazel Park, Hudsonville, Lowell, Melvindale, Milford, Muskegon, Niles, Oxford Township, Pontiac, Ramsey, Redford, Romeo, Roseville, Saginaw, Southgate, Springfield, Wyndotte,

MISSISSIPPI
Aberdeen, Brandon, City of Shelby, Cleveland, Clinton, Greenville, Horn Lake, Indianola, Richland, Verona

MISSOURI
Airport Drive, Belfontaine Neighbors, Belton, Black Jack, Booneville, Butler, Calverton, Camdenton, Carl Junction, Cameron, Chillicothe, Clayton, Fenton, Ferguson, Florissant, Grandby, Grandview, Greenwood, Hallsville, Hazelwood, Jennings, Kansas City, Lake St. Charles, Lee's Summit, Liberty, Macon, New Franklin, Oak Grove, Pagerdale, Raytown, Salisbury , Sedalia, Senath, Shrewsbury, Springfield, St. Charles, Sugar Creek, Trenton, Unionville, University City, Vinita Park, Wentzville, Woodson Terrace

MONTANA
Ekalaka, Libby

NEBRASKA
Friend, Bellevue,

NEW JERSEY(state-wide, tabled)
Atlantic City, Clifton, Engelwood, Fort Dix, Highland Park, Millville, Okd Bridge, West New York

NEW MEXICO(state wide withdrawn)
Arlington, Tijeras, Kirkland Air Force Base

NEW YORK (2007 Resolution introduced)
Binghamton, Hudson, Jamestown, Larchmont, Maybrook, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, New York, N. Hempstead, Sand Point, Village of Haverstraw, Village of Hemstead, Yonkers

NORTH CAROLINA
Jackson County, Wilmington

NORTH DAKOTA
Bismark, Dickenson, Kildeer, Minot, Velva

OHIO(state-wide, Appellate ruled unconstitional 2007)
Akron, Athens, Austintown, Bay Village, Bellevue, Bexley, Cambridge, Celina, Cincinnati, City of Sheffield Lake, Cleveland, E. Cleveland, Defiance, East Cleveland, East Palestine, Fairfield, Franklin County, Garfield Heights, Girard, Golf Manor, Heath, Highland Heights, Lancaster< Louisville, Lowell, Lucas County, Ludlow Falls, Mansfield, Mayfield, Mentor on the Lake, Miami County, Middlefield, Middletown, Mt. Vernon, Napoleon,New Albany, Newark, North Perry, North Ridgeville, Oxford, Parma, Perrysburg, Powell, Richmond Heights, Shaker Heights, Silverlake, S. Euclid, Southpoint, Springboro, St. Marys, Toledo, Village of Green Hills, Warrensville Hts, Washington Court House, Wickliffe, Wooster, Yellow Springs, Youngstown,

OKLAHOMA(statewide defeated)
Del City, Eufaula, Midwest City, Quenton

OREGON
Malheur County, Malin

PENNSYLVANIA
Clairton, Elizabeth, Erie, Hazelton, Phillipsburg, Port Vue, Reading Wilkes Barre

RHODE ISLAND
Pawtucket, Providence

SOUTH CAROLINA
Bamberg, Columbia, Travelers Rest

SOUTH DAKOTA
Chamberlain, Sissenton

TENNESSEE
Bedford County, Halls, Hohenwalt, Jackson, Lynnville, Milan, Putnam County, Shelbyville, Smyrna, South Pittsburg, Sparta, Tullahoma, Watertown, Woodbury,

TEXAS
Desoto, Killeen, Kyle, Neilsville, Terrell

UTAH
North Salt Lake, Smithfield, Springville

VIRGINIA
Richmond

WASHINGTON
City of Auburn, Buckly, Enunclaw, Everett, Federal Way, Inland, Issaquah Highland Subdivision, Kennewick, King County, Kirkland, Moxee, Neah Bay, Oak Harbor, Pasco, Prosser, Quincy, Richland, Royal City, Seatac, Sunnyside, Toppenosh, Yakima

WEST VIRGINIA
Wheeling

WISCONSIN
Denmark, Dunn, East Troy Lake, Fox Lake, Eau Claire, Hewitt, Horicon was VETOED, Juneau, Milwaukee, Nellisville, Oconto, Randolph, South Milwaukee

Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,734,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
That was followed up with a letter to the mayor stating why we backed out and that in my commute through their town I wouldn't even stop there for fuel. I'll push my car to the next town if I have to.
Whoo hoooo - wanna run for Prez? I'd vote for you!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulegirl View Post
Whoo hoooo - wanna run for Prez? I'd vote for you!
I'm too stubborn and headstrong!! LOL!! I'd turn this country on it's ear. No more $400 toilet seats for gov'mnt. Animals would have rights just like humans. And if anyone hurt a law enforcement K9, it's the same as assaulting a deputy / officer. BSL is gone. Death sentence means death in 30 days.

Yep, too headstrong for gov'ment!!! But thank you for the vote of confidence! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets