Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,921,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Buy OdoBan at Home Depot and spray it anywhere you need it. I have been using it since July and I have 4 healthy cats and 2 healthy dogs. It costs $10/gal and you use it full strength in a sprayer. It is the only thing I have ever found that kills pet odors, better than any enzyme cleaner.
Odoban works great for odors. I've been using it for about 15 years. We used it in the grooming shop. I've seen it in Walmart also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 525 times
Hello
I know your post is older at this point, but I'm hoping you respond. I recently used Love My Carpet powder and vacuumed it up thoroughly, but the following day, one of my two cats was itching terribly. I bathed her, vacuumed again, but since it continued, I brought her to the vet. They agreed that she has no fleas and it may have been the carpet powder. I isolated her in the bathroom for a few days, per vet recommendation, and have been giving her steroid pills to help alleviate the symptoms. She seemed to be much better after a couple days off the carpeting, but the morning after I allowed her back on the carpeting, she was back to itching.

Did shampooing your carpet help your pets? Is there anything else you did? I am planning to steam clean the carpet today, but I want to be sure there is nothing else I can do to help my kitty!!
Thanks!

Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,761,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I refuse to have carpet for many reasons - the look of it, the odor problem with pets, my own allergies, hard to keep clean. In one house I had stained concrete floors (had it done when I bought the house) and it was impervious to anything the dogs or cats could do.
Agree, I ripped up all my carpet years ago. I'll never have it in a house again even if I didn't have any pets.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:18 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Agree, I ripped up all my carpet years ago. I'll never have it in a house again even if I didn't have any pets.

This ^^^ and my dr told me a long time ago that those thing are dangerous to our health and every living organism ....so yep rip it up and also my son laid down on a new carpet once and he had a rash on his face and had breathing problems for a couple of months and we found out he was allergic to the chemicals in the carpet . Never again will I have carpet in my home except for the bedroom because my husband likes it that way and if he were not here any longer I would rip all of it up out of my home .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets