U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:19 PM

241 posts, read 910,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Of course I do (have spoiled pets)

The first one is Cleo, Border Collie mix. She's a rescue, previous owner actually took her to the vet to be put to sleep since she was the last pup and they couldn't find anyone to take her the vet said no!
That vet wouldn't happen to have been Kinghorn would it? I took in a few dogs from there and a cat. Found the dogs real good homes and I lost my Baggie this past June. I have 3 spoiled dogs, Toby our Rotty was a rescue. Doodie is a Pom that my husband talked me into and my friend gave me another Pom, Foxy. I have 5 cats now, Basha a rescue, Woosie, KayBee & Sockers are all kittens of a rescue and BugBug cried her way across our pasture to our house. Plus three very very spoiled horses, Khatcher, Elegance and Ruby.

The two lil dogs and my Basha sleep on my bed with me. Toby is way to big to be in the house, 175 lbs, and my other cats are outdoor mousers. Where we live now they live in the basement and crawl out through the floor.

I grew up in a Vet Clinic so I am a passionate animal lover!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,057,769 times
My little cat Mirk jumped on my chest last night and the smell was so foul!!! He got my vest I was wearing against the chill stinky too and I couldn't figure out what the heck it was..it was just UNBEARABLE....then I realized he'd been in the litter box and stepped in his own poo...and that box had been clean. I went into the laundry room where I keep the cat box and sure enough... paw mark pooh-stains tracked on the floor. So first thing, clean out the box again and Pine-Sol the floor. Here it was midnight, I smell like you know what, the cat smells like you know what, and I'm tired, but don't want the cat stepping on my bed, pillow, or any of the furniture at this point... So guess who got a midnight bath? The older large cat is immaculately groomed all the time. My little one is sloppy and he requires human intervention to get bathed. Last night he got bathed -and I had to do the neck pinch hold to immobilize him as he struggled so much, then he had the shivers as the house was cold (below freezing outside), so I turned on the heater as I felt guilty... Today he seems thrilled to be clean! And I'm kinda happy about it too

Old 10-23-2006, 08:28 PM

21,614 posts, read 30,181,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Of course I do (have spoiled pets)

The first one is Cleo, Border Collie mix. She's a rescue, previous owner actually took her to the vet to be put to sleep since she was the last pup and they couldn't find anyone to take her the vet said no!

Tony would be the one in the snow, he's also a rescue. He was found Christmas Eve 2002, tied outside in the dead of winter with no food, shelter or water. they had to literally pry him from the ground and the vet said had he been there once more he would not have survived. He has fun playing in the snow, but loves sleeping in our king size bed with us
You are a GOOD person!!! I rescued my last cat, I had him 14 years till he died with kidney failure. I say God Bless You!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:21 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,221,610 times
Default spoiled cat

I'll have to post pictures later.... but I have a cat (tinkerbell) that will sit outside her litterbox when she wants you to clean it......meows rudely in the morning if your not up at sun up with the morning treats (the dog (Diego) joins her for this in the kitchen, he doesn't bark but will sit there with her while she's bellowing because he knows he's getting something too.) Then if the dog wants to hang out with her...he's 70lbs by the way....she must clean him first... and he lets her. It makes for some very violent hairballs later on let me tell you!! (He is a chow mix with lots of fluffy hair)

Old 10-23-2006, 10:26 PM

4,654 posts, read 15,736,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3arabs View Post
That vet wouldn't happen to have been Kinghorn would it?
No, it was Stegalmeier before he retired and closed shop.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:35 PM

4,654 posts, read 15,736,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You are a GOOD person!!! I rescued my last cat, I had him 14 years till he died with kidney failure. I say God Bless You!!!!!!!
Thank you ILNC, Tony was actually the topper on the cake and I didn't realise he was going to be our housewarming gift to ourselves.

When it was just Cleo, we were renting from DH's employer and he was fixing to sell the apts. we were in late Nov. of 2002. Long story, short version; I went on a rushed househunting venture (in Idaho it's RARE to rent with pets) as I was NOT going to give Cleo up..... would have lived in the car first!

Found house and placed bid on 12-12, did a 15-day closing. During all of this, the person who took my seat on the Board of Directors for the humane society called the house and left message to watch news........ I was at work but DH got the message. He's sees the news story on Tony.

So, while I was out buying a house for one dog, the second dog was being rescued and fattened up so he could share his life with us.

Now, I'm lucky enough to get paid to work with critters

Old 10-26-2006, 08:14 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,726,231 times
Default A few of my "Babies"

Although the pictures aren't in the order I wanted, here they are. 1st picture is of Jake (Australian Shepherd), He passed on 4/1/06. 2nd is of Amber Rae (Australian Shepherd) passed on 5/04. 3rd picture is of (left to right) Kodiak (9y.o.), son of Amber and Jake. Kodi was recently diagnosed with cancer. Then there is Tucker, a Lhapso (sp) Sh*tzu mix, he's 2 y.o. And then Ms. Kitty (also 9 y.o.), daughter of Amber and Jake.
I also have a Cockatiel and a Cockatoo which I'll add later. Oh, and can't forget, my son has an alligator snapping turtle.
Do you think we have enough ?
Attached Thumbnails
Spoiled Rotten Pets-img_0002-jake.jpg   Spoiled Rotten Pets-img_0001.jpg   Spoiled Rotten Pets-000_0064_0001.jpg  

Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,726,231 times
Hey, what did I do wrong ? Why did my pictures come as attatchments???

Old 10-26-2006, 08:45 AM

321 posts, read 1,419,623 times
I have three beautiful boys and though they are all very much loved, I would not call them spoiled. They eat the best food, they are inside most of the time, they go to doggie day care regularly, I do things with them, but mostly I do training with them and they are well behaved. I work as a petsitter and I don't see spoiled as a good thing.

This is Boone. He's a 14 month old Flat Coated Retriever, and he's currently being shown in conformation. Also taking classes in Agility, and working on field training. Very multi-talented pup!

This is all three of my sweeties. Gizmo is on the left, he's a 5 YO shepherd mix that we found as a baby. Gus is in the middle, he's a 2 YO German Shepherd that came from a rescue group, his owners just dumped the whole litter. He's actually a purebred but has soft ears. A big love! They all get along very well and there's never a dull moment in my house.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 AM

4,489 posts, read 6,774,364 times
These are our dogs. The danes' names are (black) Karma , fawn male-Ripley, fawn female-Lily and the sheltie is Be-Be.

Last edited by Blue Grass Fever; 02-17-2007 at 02:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or