Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 03:35 PM

96 posts, read 336,919 times

Advertisements

February is National Spay/Neuter Month and February 25th is World Spay Day. During February, many places offer discounts or even to do the surgeries completely free. Some are just cats, some cats and dogs, some are any animal! Example- there's a place near me that is offering to do males cats for $10 and females for $35. If you are on public assistance, males are free and females are $13! Any ferals are free. This is a great time for those that can't afford normal vet prices to find a low cost option. https://worldspayday.org/sd_findEvent_US.aspx

Enter your zipcode and it'll show places near you that offer some type of discount. Not in the US? There's a link under the tab "Find an Event" that is for international use!

Kitten and puppy season will be coming soon so please, spay/neuter your pet. Cat, dog, rabbit, etc. There are already too many that end up getting dumped in shelters and then get put to sleep because either they get sick or there simply isn't enough room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 10:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Default Friend of Animals is a Friend Indeed

Thanks for posting this.......you must be a friend of "Come On Down" Bob Barker..... If you know who he is,that is!

Loved that he advertised this after each show. I post this stuff on my facebook often, now the younger people are calling me "dog lady" guess I've been called worse.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2014, 11:49 AM

96 posts, read 336,919 times
LOL! I loved that Bob Barker did that and am glad Drew Carey still does it.

My mom used to work for a humane society and I would volunteer there so I've seen so many pets get dumped for various reasons. This is a very touchy subject for me. So many people think they can just take their pet in and it will immediately find a new home. It's heartbreaking watching those pets just sit in cages, scared and confused on where they are. If people would just be more responsible, many wouldn't end up there and maybe those that do would stand a better chance at making it out alive. Spay/neuter is one step people can take to help. Quit creating more when there are already so many sitting in shelters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets