Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 09:51 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,381,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Oscar get as close as he can to the heat vent directly under the main kitchen sink. He is a big 15 pounder (Ragdoll) and he spreads out as long as he can. He does this every chilly morning while the whole family is trying to get ready for school and appointments. We all walk over him, cussing him the whole time but we won't move him. He loves being with his family and could use any of the many other vents in our big house. He is spoiled rotten but we love him.
I just have to say, what a beautiful cat you have (and big!). My last cat was 14 lbs - Russian blue mix, so far as anyone could tell - but your guy is awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 11:23 PM

422 posts, read 335,842 times
Our make sun conure is the smartest of all of our pets. He loves to great you with a loud "hello" and "are you all right?" And you must answer or he will keep saying it. This is very cute....but very annoying when he is saying it to our dog, who just looks at him....whereas he will keep saying it unless I answer back for the pup, or the wild animals outside who of course, don't speak English

Old 03-30-2016, 08:50 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,350,616 times
I think it's cute AND annoying when my one cat wants attention and he has picked up the habit in the last year of walking over, staring at you and when you ignore him, just starts tapping you. He'll tap you on the hand, on the arm, on the leg---doesn't matter, he'll keep doing it over and over because he wants to be pet.

Then if you pet him but it's still not enough, he'll just throw his entire head into your head. BOOM. Hand. On. Head. Now. Then of course like all cats, eventually your petting is deemed enough and he gets annoyed if you overdo it or even touch the wrong spot according to him.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I think it's cute AND annoying when my one cat wants attention and he has picked up the habit in the last year of walking over, staring at you and when you ignore him, just starts tapping you. He'll tap you on the hand, on the arm, on the leg---doesn't matter, he'll keep doing it over and over because he wants to be pet.

Then if you pet him but it's still not enough, he'll just throw his entire head into your head. BOOM. Hand. On. Head. Now. Then of course like all cats, eventually your petting is deemed enough and he gets annoyed if you overdo it or even touch the wrong spot according to him.
When my cat does that its food he wants.
I wish i could train him to throw up his hairballs in his kitty litter area instead of where i'm sure to walk.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:50 AM

10,018 posts, read 8,618,441 times
I've only had my cat for about a year and until recently the only sound that got his attention was the electric can opener. Now he knows the buzzing sound that the microwave makes when it's finished means food. I had one of those Banquet turkey and gravy dinners in there and was sitting in the living room and he was sleeping on a chair across from me when the microwave buzzed. He quickly sat up and stared towards the kitchen. I was pretending to be watching tv but watched him thru the corner of my eye. He would keep looking at me and then the kitchen and then he hopped down and walked over to my feet and looked up at me " that's our song." I had my chuckle and went into the kitchen and he followed. I washed his turkey slice under cold water so he wouldn't burn his mouth and as he was eating it he kept his eyes on mine.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:18 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,070 times
My blue & gold macaw loves to watch animated movies and kid's movies. She memorizes them after watching only a few times. Then she talks, shouts, and laughs along with the dialogue.

Her favorites are movies with lots of noise, like kids yelling and dogs barking. Whenever she sees a dog on the screen she yells, "Get back!!" She seems to think all dogs are named "Get Back!!" because that is what she calls my dogs too.

Her current favorite movie is Inside Out. She has her own collection of around 30 movies that she loves.

She also loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies, Despicable Me and Cat in the Hat. Over the Hedge was such a favorite that we played it every day for weeks before she got tired of it.

I mounted a tv near cage and always put on a movie for her when I leave for work in the morning.

I've had my bird for 22 years and she is at least 40 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets