U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 11:20 AM

10 posts, read 6,883 times

Advertisements

That you can think off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 11:14 AM

2,881 posts, read 1,213,838 times
We have friends that name their two Rottweilers Fred and Wilma, after the Flintstones. Maybe not the worst names ever, but I thought they were kind of silly.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:47 PM

4,760 posts, read 3,191,137 times
We had 2 dogs when I was kid named Pseudolus & Hysterium after characters in the play A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum. (We knew someone who used to call them Syphilis & Hysterectomy.)

We thought the names were cool because they would always confuse people who weren't familiar with the play. We loved the look on people's faces when we told them the names. Most people had problems pronouncing them (Su-do-lis & His-tair-re-um). The problem I had-and STILL have is spelling them. In fact, I just had to look up the spelling for this post.

Worst names? We didn't think so but others did.

Cat

Old 09-29-2016, 10:13 AM

81 posts, read 56,930 times
My ex named his dog "Dumb Ass." Imagine the neighbors' reactions when he hollered for her. "Dumb Ass - come here!" It was also quite embarrassing at the vets.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:53 AM

1,021 posts, read 743,011 times
Fluffy.

Every darn furry something is a "Fluffy".

Old 09-29-2016, 08:27 PM

862 posts, read 750,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absodamnposilutely View Post
My ex named his dog "Dumb Ass." Imagine the neighbors' reactions when he hollered for her. "Dumb Ass - come here!" It was also quite embarrassing at the vets.
Reminds me of the name of that dog in the old Steve Martin movie "The Jerk"..the name of the dog was S**T Head. The animal shelter near us while they have great names for their dogs & cats when it comes to the other animals that are up for adoption especially with their small mammals their names sometimes can be..well odd such as those two rats that were available some months back named "The Great RATsby" and The Grapes of RAT". When they had some guinea pigs available apparently the shelter was on a breakfast cereal kick since those guinea pigs were named "Tony the Tiger", "Captain Crunch", "BOO Berry" and of course "SNAP", "Crackle" and "Pop".

oh yes they had a few turtles up for adoption a few months ago with the names "Happy Together", "You Baby" and "Elenore"..they picked those names from tunes that were recorded by The Turtles. If the shelter had a monkey available they would probably name it "Daydream Believer" !!

Last edited by tantan1968; 09-29-2016 at 08:35 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 02:24 PM

4,760 posts, read 3,191,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan1968 View Post
Reminds me of the name of that dog in the old Steve Martin movie "The Jerk"..the name of the dog was S**T Head.

Reminded me of the same thing.

Cat

Old 10-01-2016, 07:52 AM

1,403 posts, read 849,610 times
My brother has a weird sense of humour, and some of his pets wound up with rather unsavoury names. As an example...he used to have a cat called "Scumbucket", and a dog named "Fart".

Yeah. That's my brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or