U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 06:22 PM

421 posts, read 257,741 times

Advertisements

I lost my furry Chow Chow friend last night, I had him for 12 wonderful years almost 13 and my heart is pieces. I lost my other furry Samoyed best friend in June after 12 wonderful years with that beautiful girl. They were wonderful companions and it was great having them grow up along side of my children. I had these pup since they were 6 weeks old. Pets are truly enriching to our lives and I enjoyed everyday I had with them. I will never forget them, their paw prints will be placed on my heart always. My Christmas spirit is broken this year considering that my heart is. My heart goes out to all that have experienced this type of loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 06:29 PM

21,624 posts, read 30,198,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
I lost my furry Chow Chow friend last night, I had him for 12 wonderful years almost 13 and my heart is pieces. I lost my other furry Samoyed best friend in June after 12 wonderful years with that beautiful girl. They were wonderful companions and it was great having them grow up along side of my children. I had these pup since they were 6 weeks old. Pets are truly enriching to our lives and I enjoyed everyday I had with them. I will never forget them, their paw prints will be placed on my heart always. My Christmas spirit is broken this year considering that my heart is. My heart goes out to all that have experienced this type of loss.
Oh I am so sorry!!!! My heart aches for your pain, I know it is real because my cat died three years ago, I had him 14 years. I cried for days. You are so right our pets to enrich our lives and we never forget them. Give yourself time to grieve and don't let anyone tell you "it's just a dog"....not true! He was family!
With time it will get easier and you can remember the happy times. I now have a new cat, her name is Maggie she's a Ragdoll. She didn't replace my other cat, no cat could do that. I waited three months before I got her.
So hang in and know there is someone who feels your pain!!

Old 12-03-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh I am so sorry!!!! My heart aches for your pain, I know it is real because my cat died three years ago, I had him 14 years. I cried for days. You are so right our pets to enrich our lives and we never forget them. Give yourself time to grieve and don't let anyone tell you "it's just a dog"....not true! He was family!
With time it will get easier and you can remember the happy times. I now have a new cat, her name is Maggie she's a Ragdoll. She didn't replace my other cat, no cat could do that. I waited three months before I got her.
So hang in and know there is someone who feels your pain!!

Thank you so much for your post!! I really needed to reach out and hear from someone. Thank you and I'm soooo sorry for your loss also.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:35 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,371,666 times
SWEATTEA - I am so sorry to read that your beloved dog passed away last night. Our Murhpy died at home with me on November 17, and I still look for her in the house. I put pictures of her up on the fridge so that when I find myself looking for her, I enjoy the pictures - makes me feel better.

I cried for days. ILNC is absolutely right - don't let anyone tell you that your beloved Chow-Chow was "just a dog." They are members of our family. Our dog grew up with our children, and DH and I feel like a special time in our family's history has passed with our wonderful dog.

Your Samoyed passed away in June? Oh, this is tough - both dogs in the same year. I'm so sorry honey. Cry your eyes out - it'll do you good. Put their pictures up, especially the ones that make you smile.

These precious animals are our angels of unconditional love here on earth. And just like the story of the Rainbow Bridge, they are fine and happy now - they will wait for us, and greet us when it our time.

Please post pictures, if you can! Here is our Murhp ---

Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
SWEATTEA - I am so sorry to read that your beloved dog passed away last night. Our Murhpy died at home with me on November 17, and I still look for her in the house. I put pictures of her up on the fridge so that when I find myself looking for her, I enjoy the pictures - makes me feel better.

[...]

Thank you Adeam,
Yes my Taffy also passed away this year in June and I have not gotten over that one yet either. I also feel like a chapter of our life is closed and can never be opened again. I know the story of the Rainbow Bridge I received a card from my vet when my Taffy passed away in June. I have read it over and over and I envision them there and have envisioned my Taffy's reaction when she see's me. I hope I don't sound nutty but these animals have been with me through some tough times. I'm glad I had my time with Cody(Chow Chow) after Taffy passed. He was truly a blessing to me these pasted few months. I'll see if I can post pictures they were both beautiful dogs.

Murphy passed away Nov 17th? Oh gosh that was just a few weeks ago, I'm sooo sorry. He was a Golden? They are wonderful pets so loving. My friend has 2 of them. It's hard for me to look at pictures of them. I can barely look at Taffy's yet. I think it will take some time.

Last edited by Yac; 12-04-2006 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: quote shortened

Old 12-03-2006, 07:54 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,387,394 times
I want to express me heartfelt sympathy to ALL of you - losing someone you love is the saddest thing ever!!!
Our precious Feeshy, Plecy, Buddy & Plecy (there were 2!) are forever in our hearts!!!!
I love fish!!!
They are NOT "just fish"!!!!!
AnyONE or anyTHING that you love becomes a part of you & it's a terrible feeling to "lose" that...
But they are NOT lost!!!
They live on forever in your heart, mind & spirit...

Old 12-04-2006, 03:34 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,869,650 times
Oh, I knew I should not have opened this thread.
My heart goes out to Swattea, Adream and everyone else.
I lost my both 20 year old kitty Pounce (had her before I had my second son) and my 7 year old mastiff Rosie (she had an incurable auto-immune disorder) this past summer.
(And then my husband lost his job! But that's another thread.)
Rosie is the older fawn dog--I still have brindle Elwood.

Pounce is the cat in the kittynest, I still have little tabby Willow.

I am still mourning them. It was a rough summer.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:19 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,099,713 times
I'm so sorry everyone. I completely understand your grief. I lost my baby of 15 and a half years a little over a year ago. I still think of him everyday. My kids grew up, my grandkids are growing. The wonderful thing about Bear was that no matter how many birthdays he celebrated, he was always my baby.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:58 AM

454 posts, read 679,227 times
We will be losing our Izzy cat who is 15 or so coming up pretty soon. She was found in the roots of a tree trunk at my folks house when she was young, abandoned by? She became the fat cat of the family and my kids barely know life without her.

I keep reminding myself that the loss I will feel is nothing compared to the wonderful years she gave us, but somehow I don't think that will help a lot when she is finally gone.

Darn these furry friends who come into our lives. Darn these emotion grabbing and giving pets. Darn these animals who we can love with abandon with no risk of abandonment. Darn these good friends who always seem to leave us too soon. Darn, I would have it no other way, even in my sorrow. Darn we are blessed.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,728,131 times

I am so sorry for all of you !
I lost my Amber Rae in May of 2004. She was my bestest friend ! I had lost my mother in Jan. 2004 and was caring for terminal father, it felt like she knew the pain I was going thru. Eventhough I withdrew from everyone, she would not allow me to withrawl from her. (Now you got me crying)

Then I lost my father 9/2004, lost Ambers b/f, companion Jake in April 2006 the same day my 16 y.o. had a seizure.

Now one of Jake and Amber puppies, which is 9 y.o. Kodi, has been diagnosed with cancer. So its just a matter of time for him.

Sincerley, my heart is feeling your pain !!
Attached Thumbnails
Mourning a pet-img_0001.jpg   Mourning a pet-img_0002-jake.jpg  

Last edited by theqbaby; 12-04-2006 at 08:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or