Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 05:37 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,173,588 times

Advertisements

Okay "Santa" brings something for our pets every year. Yes, our pets have stockings, and we leave them our for Santa on Christmas Eve.

This year Skyguy (cat) is getting a 3-way collapsible tunnel, and Hammy (guinea pig) is getting some fruit crunch sticks, and a chew-a-bowl.

What about everyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 06:41 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,400,247 times
My cat already got her present, a realistic looking toy rat that makes a noise and vibrates when you press on it. She was very excited for about 1 minute when she first saw it, sniffed its butt and then walked away. But she does like it. I'll hear the rat occasionally during the night as she's roaming around the house and decides to attack it. In the morning, I'll find it in a different location, so she does like to play with it.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,287,348 times
We used to wrap catnip gifts for the cats and put them under the tree, but they'd always be found and "opened" way before Santa's visit.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:02 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,739,479 times
My cats love the collapsible tunnel!

Likely some inexpensive toys, treats, maybe some deli turkey. Have a big can of unopened catnip.

They get treated royally every day...

Old 12-15-2018, 06:32 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,894,948 times
Timothy hay treats and another treat for both the rabbit and guinea pig brothers along with some chew toys. The rabbit is getting some willow balls and wooden toys to chew on (she's a big chewer) and the guinea pigs are getting some play balls as well. I wrap their gifts for them. The rabbit will try to open them. My previous rabbit would open the entire gift by herself!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Timothy hay treats and another treat for both the rabbit and guinea pig brothers along with some chew toys. The rabbit is getting some willow balls and wooden toys to chew on (she's a big chewer) and the guinea pigs are getting some play balls as well. I wrap their gifts for them. The rabbit will try to open them. My previous rabbit would open the entire gift by herself!
I've never thought about the play balls for our guinea pig. He's basically a really old man at this point, he just turned seven, but maybe he'd like one of those.

I love how your rabbit would open the entire gift by herself! That's too funny!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
My cats love the collapsible tunnel!

Likely some inexpensive toys, treats, maybe some deli turkey. Have a big can of unopened catnip.

They get treated royally every day...
I got the idea for the collapsible tunnel when my teenager brought up her laundry bag and left it open on the ground. Skyguy couldn't get enough of hiding in it and I thought boy would he love a tunnel he could hide in all the time, and not just for the two days my teen left her laundry bag laying on the ground. Lol. Sounds like it's going to be a hit.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
We used to wrap catnip gifts for the cats and put them under the tree, but they'd always be found and "opened" way before Santa's visit.
Oh man the way Skyguy loves catnip I'm sure he would do the exact same thing.

One year we bought our daughters these raccoon tail hats for Christmas. We wrapped them up and put them under the tree. Skyguy and his brother Bandit were all over those wrapper hats, so much so we had to take them away and hide them until Christmas morning. Lol. Their noses are just too good!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
My cat already got her present, a realistic looking toy rat that makes a noise and vibrates when you press on it. She was very excited for about 1 minute when she first saw it, sniffed its butt and then walked away. But she does like it. I'll hear the rat occasionally during the night as she's roaming around the house and decides to attack it. In the morning, I'll find it in a different location, so she does like to play with it.
That sounds like a fun toy. I love how cats will be all chill about a toy during the day, but at night it's crazy town with the toys. My aunt's cat will empty the toy basket every night and all the cat toys will be strewn all over the house, so my aunt picks them up and puts them back into the basket, and then at night it begins again.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:25 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,897,805 times
Nothing -- zip -- zero -- nada, lollol

I did however, buy the new dog an indoor dog house, as the previous owner says she likes to sleep in cave-like conditions.

https://img.chewy.com/is/image/catal...SABEgJ91fD_BwE

I hope the size 48 is big enough

I also added some new chew toys to her stash.

The other dogs didn't get anything but a bag of dental bones, that has to be shared with the new dog, lollol. They don't care --- while the new dog is a re-home that came from a great environment, my other two are legitimate rescues and happy to live in a house with mats in front of the fireplace and plenty of food & water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets