Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:49 AM

125 posts, read 426,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRiverRat View Post
Our Rottie Max just passed a month ago.

We called him...
Maximoose
Poooooozer
Big Puppy
Howard Huge
Doof

Our girl Maya...

Me Oh Maya
My My
MayaMaya Muttdog
Chee (dont know how this name came about, but she responds to it because I use it so much)

Sammy the rotty pup......

Samma Lamma Ding Dong

Moses the Big rotty we adopted from the pound...

Mo
Mobely
Big Mo
I am so sorry to hear that, mine passed away also last month..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 02:06 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Oh, yes, each has a nickname AND their own song, too, LOL.

My Yorkie/silky terrier's official name is Sir Robert of Kennelworth. Nicknames -- Bobby-Boo, Tenacious T, Boo and Booby. His song goes to the tune of the Scooby-Doo song. "Little Bobby-Boo, I love you. You are such a cute little puppy! Little Bobby Boo, I see you! You are so soft and fluffy!"

My younger collie's name is Oliver. His nicknames are Ollie and Fluffernutter. His song is, "Bow-wow-wow, yippee yo yippee yay, bow-wow-wow, yippee yay!"

My elderly collie's name is Shane Patrick. His nicknames are Butterbean and Sweet Soul. His song is "Shaney Patrick" sung to the tune of the Alleluiah chorus of Handel's Messiah.

Lastly, my weimaraner's name is Morgan Le Fay. Her nicknames are Long-legged Sally, Dopey Dog and Double D. Her song is "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my wag-time gal!"

Hee-hee, I can't believe I'm admitting all of this! It probably sounds nuts but they all LOVE having their special songs. They each know their song very well and come running when I start singing one of them.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:55 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I think it sounds SO sweet. They know you love them because you talk to them and sing to them so much.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Hee-hee, I Can't Believe I'm Admitting All Of This! It Probably Sounds Nuts But They All Love Having Their Special Songs. They Each Know Their Song Very Well And Come Running When I Start Singing One Of Them.
Ahhhh The Anonimity Of The Internet

Old 06-03-2008, 03:52 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,431,509 times
My dog has a real name. Then there are his nicknames: Boo, Boo Baby and Unny Bunny, which is quite often Funny Unny Bunny. My toddler now calls him Baby Boo. When I'm annoyed at him, I call him Doofus Dog. It used to be a worse name, but children make you bite your tongue.

Then we had cats that we gave "animal" endings to: Samasaurus and Minipotamus.

Oddly enough, the fish never got a nickname.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,438 times
Default nicknames

Moochie who is now in kittie heaven was either the Foil monster (anything in the refrigerator in foil was his, including the Easter ham one time when he was at Grammi's. Claws sunk in and pulling off the shelf, cuz she left the door open for "a sec")

Bubba is either Sweet boy, bubbies or bubbers or wide load if he's walking in a Bulldog strut!!!
Annabelle Lee is usually Annie, but I've taken to calling her Stink Butt after she had a clingon stuck to her "britches" and I was combing her, she farted!!! OMG she kept sniffing and sniffing and looking on the floor. Bubba ran and I got away for a little while.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Cookie is also known as Cooks, the Cookster, Cookie Monster, Cookie Bear, Baby Girl, and Baby Cat.

Checkers is Checks, Checkerboy, and "you little brat" (usually preceded by a crash).

Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
My nicknames are not real imaginative:

My red heeler, Ruger, is also known as monster mutt and booful boy.
My schnauzer mix, Tinker, is also known as sweetie girl, and you little **** (especially when she brings in dead birds). I had to stop using the second one when she started answering to it!

And, yes, I talk to them constantly and sing to them also.

Lindsey, I am so sorry for your loss....I cannot imagine life without my two "kids".

Last edited by I Am Woman; 06-04-2008 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: correct spelling

Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I have a habit that might actually be confusing for them. I tend to rhyme their names. My Basil became Basil Wasil, Rufus became Rufus the Pufus, Salem is Salem Wowalem Popalem, Tumnus the Wumnus, Lacey Lucey and I haven't come up with one for Willow. Willow the pillow just sounds LAME.

Now I can't believe I'm admiting that.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,528 times
My cat is name Tabitha, she is quite moody so we often call her Crabitha. Or Crabby Tabby. I also call her Sweet Kitten. Although she is almost 8 she has never really changed from her kittenhood. There is a song to go along with the name. And she really is quite sweet...in her way...
Our dog also has several names and songs to go with them. One is to the tune of Fergalicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets