Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,631,368 times

Advertisements

I have several nicknames for my BigGirl, Hissy B*tch, B*tch Stick, especially after she has hissed at, bitten or clawed me! She is a wild one, so call her my Wild Girl. Also My Girl and Precious Girl (when she is behaving).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM

4 posts, read 8,332 times
All of our animals were either willed to us, given to us by friends, left on our doorstep, or gotten at the humain society except for one that we won as a booby prize at an auction that was going to be put away by its owner if no one wanted her. This became our 7th cat, Kiki. Being declawed as an adult, she was a nightmare for 6 months. She remained under the bed during this time, slapping, punching and biting us everytime we went near her. I kept bringing her water and food dish out slowly until she eventually came out. She was 4yrs old at the time. She is 12 yrs old now. She was and still is a small long haired white cat with some black markings with pretty pink ears and a pink nose. She looks so ladylike and walks up to my most macho cat and has no qualms about facing him down. He usually backs down and walks away. Of course it helps to know that "mommy & daddy" will have none of the boys hurting their little girl. All our other cats have been males except for Kiki. This has been our only girl pet ever, including our dogs. We found out recently after she started having continuous seizures (after all these years of excellent health) that she has an inoperable brain tumor and that she has 2-6 months to live. This was early January. She went on Prednisone for awhile to shrink the tumor and Phenobarbital ongoing for the siezures. It's now into July and she seems to be doing well, so far, 7 months later, beating the odds. We had a sitter for our other cats when we went camping last week and took her with us due to having to give her medication and needing to watch her more closely. You know what they say, cats don't like leaving their familiar surroundings??....well, this cat loved it. We found out that she's a great camper. So, this is our Kiki, our little girl. My other very loved cats are are Bumpurr...long haired white with black marks that looks like kiki, but much larger and is male and he loves to bump and purr, loves his mommy's hair age 12, Baby "mommy's baby boy"...short haired grey regal looking, age 12, Smokie...daddy's lg grey skiddish boy, age 12....my dog Harry, a Maremma sheepdog, age 14...came to us with a broken leg after a horse stepped on him after birth in a barn....we have had others of course....some who have needed much help and much care....all we have loved and adored....and have named and positively hated for them to leave us....I still think about them and miss their quirky ways and we still laugh....I love your names and love your cute stories....thank you for allowing me to write mine....

Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,514,600 times
I had a female black cat named Marty. She was mean but very much loved. Her nickname was "Miss Hiss".

Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,420,323 times
My little Henry has now become Henrylicious because he is so delicious and sweet. He is going through a bitey phase but I blow in his face when he does it.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,847,915 times
Nicknames? Oh boy, do I have a few! My dogs name is Callie. I've been known to call her:
Cal E. Mutt
Calliemutt
Stinky feetz (her feet really DO stink!)
Calliegirl
Babydog

And I also have a song I sing for her (to the tune of "Baby Love") "Callie Girl! My Callie Girl! I love you need you Callie Girl!"

OK, so I'm nuts

Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM

324 posts, read 882,656 times
Our cat's name is Matilda and we call her Matilda Bear or Tilly. And our dog's name is Kenzie and we call her Kenzie Baby.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,021,464 times
i call my dog Riley chi chi doodles which stemmed from her puppy nicknames Cheese Doodle (she curls up like a cheese doodle when i come home) and chicken legs.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
i call my dog Riley chi chi doodles which stemmed from her puppy nicknames Cheese Doodle (she curls up like a cheese doodle when i come home) and chicken legs.
I call both my cats Chicken Leg & Squirrely Butt!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 PM

485 posts, read 1,952,521 times
The pooch is Baby Dog Child.

The cat is just Kitty, she doesn't answer to her name-she's adopted and her original name got lost.

I call my mice, "The Tails". Reepicheep would be proud.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 PM

23 posts, read 47,470 times
I have a mix breed (i'm told a Shar-pei/Shepherd), she's my baby!! Her name is Hanna, but we all call her "Hanna Banana".. myself I call her "my baby girl"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets