U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 PM

1,587 posts, read 6,692,742 times

Advertisements

I have a fund raiser coming up at our tax office but we putting on ourselves to help 2 local animal shelters with a car wash,brat/hotdog sale and raffle.
Shelters bring in animals and adoptable photo's so may get some adopted out.
They will also bring in their own items to sell and they keep profits from items they brought in and the car wash and such profits split between the 2.

I know a few here do pet rescue/foster and such and helps greatly. I was wondering what else people do to help them out as in fund raisers or dropping off needed items or sponsoring a shelter.

Last year tax season our office even gave free tax prep coupons to anyone adopting a pet during the January-April tax season, only had a few come in but shelters said it helped get more pets out even if they not take us up on the offer was just knowing they could use it.

List ideas here if can on what do or have seen others do.
I know these shelters have walks,silent auctions and such but as citizens be nice see what else we can do.

Like the saying " Be the voice for those who cannot speak"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 12:12 PM

1,006 posts, read 5,083,016 times
We have something called a "Fur Ball" in our local area. I unfortunately have not gone as yet (shame on me) as I think it would be so much fun.

It's every October, black tie event. The local SPCA gets local businessess to kick in door prizes (cars, jet skis, etc were some of the prizes). There is also a silent auction at this event and is usally held at a country club - everything is donated and it costs, I think $100 per a ticket to attend. I always seem to have a conflict when its held, but I always thought it was a great event, and well thought out. The volunteers are wonderful and so deserving in all their efforts. I also like to donate $100.00 to the SPCA each time a house I have sells.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Wow big event bet makes great money though also.My area never see anyone try that as low income averages but some banquets for wildlife and such are 50.00.
Like that idea though and the publicity the ones who donate those large prizes must get.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:11 AM

1,188 posts, read 4,962,923 times
We have a "Fur Ball and Silent Auction" too.

Our tickets are $30 and it's business casual dress. We just had our 7th one this past weekend. We sell sponsor tables for $500 (table for 8), chances at a 42" HD LCD tv (3 chances for $25 or 1 for $10), we bought the tv for $800 (someone knew someone who made us a deal on it) and stilll made a $900 profit off the chances sold at the Fur Ball, have varied auction items that allow anyone to find something that interests them to bid on, have catered vegetarian mexican food (very good food), a donated chocolate fountain, have a local cover band perform, serve free wine and free draft beer and offer a cash bar. The more folks drink...the higher auction items go for! We work hard to get our donations all year long. The liquor wasn't donated but provided at cost. I could go into many more deatils if anyone is interested just DM.

We also have pet pictures with Santa at Christmas time.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:25 AM

Like this furball idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or