U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2007, 10:45 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,730,473 times

Advertisements

I have read a thread here where property owners use animals to get tax breaks. I work with a vet who has a national rescue agency. Please PM me or post any wrongdoings- She and I would like to help out. Animals need specal protection. It is up to people with a conscience!.

Sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM

1,393 posts, read 917,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I have read a thread here where property owners use animals to get tax breaks. I work with a vet who has a national rescue agency. Please PM me or post any wrongdoings- She and I would like to help out. Animals need specal protection. It is up to people with a conscience!.

Sunny.
Hi Sunny, This might be a dumb question. But, how exactly do you get a tax break with animals? Most states require kennel license after 5 dogs don't they? Thanks

Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,730,473 times
Exclamation In Florida-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Hi Sunny, This might be a dumb question. But, how exactly do you get a tax break with animals? Most states require kennel license after 5 dogs don't they? Thanks
I was reading on the forum how investors buy land, don't use it (live out of state) but claim it as agriculture/farming, while leaving cows there to die. It was on the Fl forum and it is upsetting.

sunny

Old 02-02-2007, 07:47 PM

364 posts, read 394,273 times
Sunny-

I am a HUGE animal lover and frequent rescuer and stories like that just make me sick! I came across a story where my father-in-law lives where a redneck threw a puppy out of a truck on a freeway going over 60. Thank God someone like us was going the other way, rescued it, took it to the vet and it sustained NO in injuries. He (a german shepard mix) is now looking for a caring and loving home. PM me if you like about the work you do and where and maybe we can collaberate sometime.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,802,815 times
Default Wily Shih Tzus Captured

From AJC.com/Atlanta, GA>>>
http://tinyurl.com/33scek (broken link)

It is quite a story.

Around mid November--several shih tzus were 'running wild' in a
condominium complex. The manager and residents left food for them and
tried to catch them. They always escaped.

Animal control officials tried--could not catch them. One resident
placed food out for them 4 times each day near a covered bridge and an
animal rescue group left a carrier yet the shih tzus always ran off
into the woods. A few weeks ago there were only 2 left--and one was
thought to be pregnant. The male was very protective of her.

Yesterday they allowed the lady who had been feeding them to take them
in the carrier to a nearby vet.

The female is expecting 7 puppies. Hopefully there will be a waiting
list for the pups.

I hope we never learn that an owner abandoned these dogs.

sls

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,982,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
From AJC.com/Atlanta, GA>>>
http://tinyurl.com/33scek (broken link)

It is quite a story.

Around mid November--several shih tzus were 'running wild' in a
condominium complex. The manager and residents left food for them and
tried to catch them. They always escaped.

Animal control officials tried--could not catch them. One resident
placed food out for them 4 times each day near a covered bridge and an
animal rescue group left a carrier yet the shih tzus always ran off
into the woods. A few weeks ago there were only 2 left--and one was
thought to be pregnant. The male was very protective of her.

Yesterday they allowed the lady who had been feeding them to take them
in the carrier to a nearby vet.

The female is expecting 7 puppies. Hopefully there will be a waiting
list for the pups.

I hope we never learn that an owner abandoned these dogs.

sls
Of course they were abondoned by their owners. It happens more times a day than you'd ever want to know. We've got people where I live that tie them to trees in the woods when they don't want them anymore and leave them to starve and die. We had someone else that had a litter of kittens they didn't want so they drove down the road throwing 10 day old kittens at stop signs.

There are horror stories I hear every day that turn my stomach. There are sick heartless people out there that not only don't care, but think harming and torturing animals is fun and a great form of entertainment. The real world sucks, eh?

Leaving cattle in fenced areas is not nearly as sick as some of the other things going on. Go sign up for the For The Love Of The Dog blog. You'll get updates a few times a week about things going on with animals that will make you vomit. The depth of some people's heartlessness and calousness will leave you emotionally drained. But if you want to help and change things, toughen up laws, you've got to know what's really going on in this world. It's a long ugly walk to take, but essential if you want to make a difference. Just be warned; you'll have some pretty bad nightmares for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or