U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Pet Sitting Business Name
No Bones About It 2 8.70%
Pawsitive Pet Sitting 4 17.39%
Critter Care 0 0%
True Companion Pet Sitting 2 8.70%
Pawsitive Experience Pet Sitting 2 8.70%
Pet Nanny 5 21.74%
Wags-n-Whiskers Pet Sitting 9 39.13%
At the Very Leash 2 8.70%
Other (please, feel free to make a suggestion) 1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 4,455,457 times

Advertisements

I'm actually in a very unique position.. as there isn't one single pet sitting service offered in my town... or 80 miles in either direction.. so cutesie or not.. no one here has any pet sitting name! So I'm not worried about being to "cute". Around here, "cute" will work better than say, Chuck's Pet Sitting (no, my name isn't Chuck, but as an example...). Only because it's catchier than just basic.

And I don't want to include my town's name only because we've been thinking of moving and are always open to that idea and I'd like to be able to take my business name with me if/ when we moved.

But I do appreciate everyone's opinion they've posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 AM

1 posts, read 9,801 times
Do your research. You have stolen names other companies use. I suggest you start off your business NOT alienating your peers, do your OWN research and find your OWN name instead of copying other's hard work. Nothing worse than a business that leaches off of other's hard work.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsitive View Post
Do your research. You have stolen names other companies use. I suggest you start off your business NOT alienating your peers, do your OWN research and find your OWN name instead of copying other's hard work. Nothing worse than a business that leaches off of other's hard work.

Calm down. Dear gawd. I haven't stolen anything. I'm a member over at a pet sitting site (for those with a business and those looking to start one) and that site offers up suggestions for company names (and 3 of the names on the list I made up myself, so do with that information what you want). I picked the ones I thought were cute/ workable. None of the names listed are copyrighted and are available to anyone who wants them. It'd just be awkward if someone else decided to open the same type of business in my area and took the same exact name. Thankfully, there's a snowball's chance in he** of that ever happening.

Thanks for your input...

Nice first post, btw. Welcome.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM

44,804 posts, read 6,141,825 times
All Creatures Pet Sitting Service. Good Luck!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 PM

5,559 posts, read 8,868,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Calm down. Dear gawd. I haven't stolen anything. I'm a member over at a pet sitting site (for those with a business and those looking to start one) and that site offers up suggestions for company names (and 3 of the names on the list I made up myself, so do with that information what you want). I picked the ones I thought were cute/ workable. None of the names listed are copyrighted and are available to anyone who wants them. It'd just be awkward if someone else decided to open the same type of business in my area and took the same exact name. Thankfully, there's a snowball's chance in he** of that ever happening.

Thanks for your input...

Nice first post, btw. Welcome.
I wouldn't worry too much about that (rather rude) response. frankly, as already mentioned, there's little originality left when it comes to these names. there are hundreds of pet sitting, dog walking, pet stores, and pet boutiques w/ very similar names. and yeah, I've seen dog walking businesses and kennels w/ the name "pawsitive" in the name-people aren't new to this "clever" little pun anymore. so long as nothing is actually copyrighted and you're not taking a competitors name, you should be fine!

ETA: you know what's weird, I looked at your screen name and the name "Can I Be With You Petsitting Co." came to mind. not a great name (not sure how questions work as business names), but it was a cute idea that popped up

Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 AM

Awww... I like that too! I've never thought of that before! Thanks so much Eevee. Reps for you!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,312,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I'm actually in a very unique position.. as there isn't one single pet sitting service offered in my town... or 80 miles in either direction.. so cutesie or not.. no one here has any pet sitting name! So I'm not worried about being to "cute". Around here, "cute" will work better than say, Chuck's Pet Sitting (no, my name isn't Chuck, but as an example...). Only because it's catchier than just basic.

And I don't want to include my town's name only because we've been thinking of moving and are always open to that idea and I'd like to be able to take my business name with me if/ when we moved.

But I do appreciate everyone's opinion they've posted!
Good for you and you are lucky as it sounds like you have little competition. Mine began 4 years ago as a way to get out of the house as I ran several internet based sites. 4 years later I have over 30 people working for me and looking to franchise as it has gone from the city I live in to other parts of the UK. It grew very quick based on word of mouth, , leaving my cards at Vet surgeries, google rankings that I didn't pay a penny for and a getting myself out there. Done two radio interviews a few local papers in areas we cover oh and a vehicle with the company logo and details all over. I get stopped at gas stations, traffic lights and even grocery store parking lots....

It's so totally different from anything I have done before or my internet businesses and I am now looking to franchise it.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 01-09-2009 at 11:29 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,312,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsitive View Post
My biggest peeve are people who steal ideas from your websites or copy your text word for word. I've had that happen int the past and have been able to get all of them to use their own text.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 11,872 times
I voted for No Bones About It, but I'd Like "Pet Nanny" to be in it somewhere too if it was mine, too. Best wishes in your venture - that's something I'd like to do sometime, too!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:08 AM

5,491 posts, read 6,009,456 times
I think you want "what the business is" right in the title so I voted for Pawsitive Pet Sitting. If I'm trying to track down a pet sitter I don't want to have to wonder whether No Bones about it is a grooming business or something else. And I don't care if its an original name as long as it comes with good references.
That said, good luck. I couldn't do it. Same as the Vet thing. I would have a very hard time keeping my mouth shut about the way most people treat their animals. I'm not talking outright abuse but just, well even "good" homes usually don't meet my standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets