Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:01 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
5 million animals are euthanized a year...there is a reason for contractual spay and neuter requirements. Sorry you don't see the need for such an important task...sigh. Hopefully, you a merely trolling.
See, here you go. It may or may not be necessary to spay an animal, but that is not a shelter's call, your call or any other person's call except the owner of the pet.

I find it interesting that the two men who responded to my OP sounded rational, Moderator cut: nope, no need for this characterization.

Last edited by leorah; 02-22-2009 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Rude, inappropriate

Old 02-22-2009, 08:16 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,532,899 times
The only person who sounds irrational to me is the OP who is name calling and throwing around stereotypes. And yes, it is a concern of mine b/c it's my tax dollars that pay for the euthanizing of others being irresponsible pet owners. Again, I think you are trolling.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I always feel like the animal shelters are like "big brother" When we got our first cat from the shelter, they wanted us sign a form pledging to spay the kitten within six months. I thanked them and told them I would spay the cat if and when I felt like it. Then later, we inquired about a kitten in a newspaper ad. Well it turns out the other party was one of these animal rights environmentalist nuts. I'm sure you know the type. She fits the profile perfectly: a woman in her late 40s, salt and pepper hair put up in a bun, no makeup, unmarried (possibly lesbian), drives a Subaru.

She was going to make us sign a contract giving her the right to periodically come in and check on the kitten, with the proviso that she could take it back, should she not approve. I told her to put that contract where the sun don't shine, and that is was none of her damn business what we did. We ended up getting a cat from another ad, no strings attached.

Invariably these people are far-left lunatic hypocrites who have no problem with a human baby being aborted.
Please don't adopt any animals.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
Animals rights people are not necessarily lesbian with gray hair in their 40s that drive Subarus.

I don't consider myself an animal rights person, but I do rescue work and have since I was in my mid 20s. I'm very happily married with 5 children. I drive an SUV and a sports car. And I have red hair thanks to come wonderful Irish genes.

Just blew your theory all to hell, didn't it?

And for the record, yes, I like animals way more than humans, thanks mostly to people like you. Now why don't you go play nice on the playground with all the other kids and stop acting like a troll.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,908,246 times
Mod note: Thread closed because it has degenerated into personal bashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets