U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM

2,949 posts, read 12,159,047 times

Advertisements

Just remember, (I said this in another post), all your pets will be waiting to greet you in heaven. I am certain of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,484,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
I really have to be able to believe that I will see my furkids on the other side. I just can't think otherwise. I once read they are the purest form of love there is and we can learn so much from them. They have no flaws and do not sin. They are just love. I bought the book 'The Soul of your pet; Evidence of the Afterlife'. It has various storys of the animals coming back to us and telling us there OK. Some situations where people who were not so personally connected with the animals saw them as well. It really was too heartbreaking too read... and too soon.. so I have put it away for now.

I have heard storys of furkids coming back to there owners in dreams and such... I would give anything to have that happen.
I lost my dog at ten yrs of age,and often dream of her. One night b4 I lost her both my mother had the exact say dream She was sitting on our beds, just looking at us with her big brown eyes. Usually, I forget my dreams or never talk about them. Strange. Then I decided to get another dog which was a distant cousin to the one I lost.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:32 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,484,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aween View Post
I love this quote by Will Rogers~

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
here is the name of a book i found Dogs have souls too

The spirit of miss sarah by geoge and emily watson i found it on amazon.

It is their seach about losing their dog, and if she went to heaven

Old 04-10-2007, 08:50 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,447,898 times
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge..........

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...

I like to believe this is really true. God can do anything and this just may be one of his many surprises as mentioned by MoMark. What a cute story about Alex.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,061 times
Default I am sorry for your loss

i Myself just loss my best friend and family member spanky, he was such a great dog i would almost say person, cause he acted just like a person and i hope to be hear from him again i loved him so much and once again i am sorry for your loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
I really have to be able to believe that I will see my furkids on the other side. I just can't think otherwise. I once read they are the purest form of love there is and we can learn so much from them. They have no flaws and do not sin. They are just love. I bought the book 'The Soul of your pet; Evidence of the Afterlife'. It has various storys of the animals coming back to us and telling us there OK. Some situations where people who were not so personally connected with the animals saw them as well. It really was too heartbreaking too read... and too soon.. so I have put it away for now.

I have heard storys of furkids coming back to there owners in dreams and such... I would give anything to have that happen.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:21 AM

485 posts, read 1,764,676 times
If there is a paradise, where we have everything we need, how could they not be there?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,827 times
Default pets afterlife

I am so happy that I found this forum. My beloved boxer died on the 17th of december and I am in great pain. He was my mate for 9 years and now he is gone, though I can still see him, smell him and hear him. I do know he is still with me because I cannot let him go. Hanneke

Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,666 times
Pet's do go to Heaven. There is only one Heaven where God's creation go. Not an "animal" heaven. They will be with us (if we make it there). Up to us. But a good place to start to help you understand, is a book written by Gary Kurz, "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates".It is a wonderful and informative book. Gary will also answer you emails if have have questions or just want to talk. I lost my Sammy Kitty 3 weeks ago. My heart is so broken. My heart and prayers go to you who have lost "Loved Ones". God bless.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 PM

439 posts, read 816,523 times
I don't even think that I will have an afterlife. I was present when my dear German Shepherd was euthanized, and held my cat in my arms while he died. Also had to discover one of my childhood dogs dead on the street. It was really painful to experience. I couldn't talk about them for months afterwards because the thought of their passing just made me ache and my throat close up. If there is an afterlife, some animals no doubt deserve it more than we do.
Honestly though, I don't think I will ever see any of them again, BUT they were a real treasure to me while we were together and I think they had pretty fulfilling lives and certainly improved mine. I feel good knowing that we had special bonds and that they will not suffer anymore.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM

5,081 posts, read 12,938,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post

...all your pets will be waiting to greet you in heaven...
Will all the cows, pigs, chickens, and fish that I ate be there also?
What about all those mosquitos, ants, spiders, and cockroaches that I sprayed with Raid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or