Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,708 times

Advertisements

does anyone else feel that thier pets are thier best friend?

i know humans can be your true friend but it's rare to find someone that is like a true soulmate and you can trust and vice versa.

pets love you for you as long as you are good to them and respect them. they are not prejudiced and understand on a universal level. i can be silly as a bat or ugly as sin but it doesn't matter as long as what's important (your heart) and your intention is true and honest.

pets have taught me what real family is about. they don't insult, harm or try to do anything to hurt you. for instance, when playing, they instinctively know pressure points and they don't hurt you. when you are trying to help them (medications etc) they also know you are trying to help them.

even if it's something unpleasant they must endure and don't understand (baths, clippings, occasional painful stuff like extracting glass out of their paw), they trust me implicitly that i'm not going to hurt them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 07:34 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,872 times
Very nice thread !

I agree with all your points. My two kitties are definitely among my best friends, the other one being my friend Michael.

They love me unconditionally, make me laugh and smile when I'm having a bad day, and are glad to see me, (even when they're not hungry).

They are the kids I will never (can't) have.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:28 PM

219 posts, read 736,327 times
I Have two male Jack Russell’s ,I do not have kids so my two guys are my kids, and my best friends. They go with me where ever I go; they never complain about what’s for dinner or ask to borrow the keys to my car. I love my boys more then any thing!

Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,287 times
I could bore you on this topic for hours. I have been lucky enough to have sweet kitties with me for most of my life. They have shown me unbelievable love and loyalty. One climbed stairs to see me when I got home from work, even though she had such a hard time walking at the time. I have two now that will sit on and cuddle with my right hip, where I had surgery a few years ago. How they both know that is a spot that needs "love" is amazing. One of them sits right next to me every night I'm on the computer. The other one purrs really loudly when I walk into the room she's in, before I even get near her.

They don't lie, they don't cheat, they don't talk about you behind your back, they don't hurt you unless it's an accident. They just love you and make it clear that when you rescued them they rescued you right back.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:30 AM

814 posts, read 2,306,708 times
they are so honest, aren't they? i remember when i was at the local shelter, i saw a sick kitty through a glass window as it was quarantined. he kept trying to get up and i could see him purring. he was coughing and so weak but he kept making an effort to communicate and show love or interest.

it's also a quality i've noticed when in humans that humans don't appreciate and often abuse, the truly well-intentioned innocence and goodwill. something so honest and sweet it doesn't even know how to be resentful but just become sad and often oppressed. that's why good is so rare in many ways and fragile. it's the deepest travesty of this universe, i firmly know and believe.

Last edited by leaana; 04-11-2009 at 03:47 AM..

Old 04-13-2009, 02:29 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,979,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
does anyone else feel that thier pets are thier best friend?

i know humans can be your true friend but it's rare to find someone that is like a true soulmate and you can trust and vice versa.

pets love you for you as long as you are good to them and respect them. they are not prejudiced and understand on a universal level. i can be silly as a bat or ugly as sin but it doesn't matter as long as what's important (your heart) and your intention is true and honest.

pets have taught me what real family is about. they don't insult, harm or try to do anything to hurt you. for instance, when playing, they instinctively know pressure points and they don't hurt you. when you are trying to help them (medications etc) they also know you are trying to help them.

even if it's something unpleasant they must endure and don't understand (baths, clippings, occasional painful stuff like extracting glass out of their paw), they trust me implicitly that i'm not going to hurt them.
Yes they are, true unconditional love, we love them so much and receive 10X + love in return, my pets have been with me in some bad times and helped me see the light more than a human
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets