U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM

5,990 posts, read 5,112,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Has any of you who are being so critical of the Obamas ever changed your own mind about anything? Good grief, there are a lot of people who need to get a life.
Oh good grief. It's one thing to change your mind about the breed you get, it's totally a different thing to change your mind about saving a dog's life.

As for getting a life, Barry needs to think his and how he cost one poor dog his life by not rescuing. What a jerk.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
I think, this whole dog thing with the President is nothing to be outraged about...was his families choice...not ours...no lever to pull in a voting booth for what kind of pet the President and family should have..right??
Except he made it a public issue when he "claimed" he would be rescuing. The freaking liar. But then, he's a politician, no different from Bush.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
SORRY, I didn't think it was that big a deal, its a dog not foriegn policy or something.

I am so tired of cry babies who candidate LOST the election going on and on about things that don't matter.

Obama is a smart man, he knows he is damned no matter what he does by a certain group. NO matter how good a job he does these people will deny. SO even if he had adopted a shelter dog then someone would have found a problem with that.

IN a way he is giving this dog a second chance since it was returned to its breeder, not that it will make a difference to anyone who is just searching about something to WHINE about.

Frankly I thought the tie he was wearing the other day was a little LOUD, now thats a topic you all should really sink your teeth into.
Now you're just being ridiculous. This dog got a second chance??? Ha! You have to be joking. Barry didn't give this dog a second chance. This dog was NEVER in danger of losing his life. He went back to his original home, mostly likely per the breeder's contract with the first adopter. Barry did that dog no favors, nor for the plight of death row dogs. The man is scum.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:21 PM

Tried to rep ya, but apparently I have to spread it out before I can.

And yes, it is DEFINITELY a moral issue.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,580,540 times
I don't understand what the "Barry" means?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:20 PM

5,100 posts, read 8,688,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaw View Post
I don't understand what the "Barry" means?
That's what the President's grandmother called him as a child. It's been referenced in the media a few times.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:34 PM

11,039 posts, read 15,735,683 times
I was not an Obama supporter, that said, I think his family is entitled to go about getting a dog any way they want.
Perhaps they wanted a dog closer to puppyhood then an adult dog..whatever, the choice is theirs not anyone elses.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:09 PM

128 posts, read 270,866 times
He NEVER promised to rescue. He said it was his family's preference, but that they'd be taking his daughter's allergies into consideration. The reality is NONE of us know the extent to which he looked into his rescue options.

Imagine he had rescued a dog that proved to be a problem for his daughter? Then what? At least the child had the opportunity to spend time with this dog to ensure it wouldn't pose a problem (well, as sure as they could be) for her health.

I am a rescue sort of girl myself. I wish everyone would rescue a dog (or cat) or two. Or three. But I wouldn't risk my kids' health in the process.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 PM

5,503 posts, read 14,084,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy205 View Post
Where is the outrage over Obama breaking his campaign promise to adopt a rescue dog? There is not even a whisper of it on PETA or Best Friends Animal Society's websites, two organizations who were very strong in pushing for it and who praised them endlessly when they announced they would adopt.
I'm sure there's a number of reasons. Not everyone wants a homeless dog, and they have every right to go to a breeder. Also when you take a dog out of the shelter, you don't know it's history. In addition, they wanted a hyperallergetic dog and it was a gift from Kennedy.

You have to pick your battles in life. To me, this is not so big an issue.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:24 PM

5,562 posts, read 8,991,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
yeah, you'd think he would have some sort of connections being Pres and all,lol....makes you wonder if he falls through on such a easy peasy promise, what will he do with the more difficult ones to keep? Just sayin....
oh please the SECOND he got any sort of special treatment, people would be in an uproar! if some rescue or shelter gave him special treatment, people would be complaining about how regular citizens don't get it also and how rescues and shelters don't bend the rules for "average" citizens.

people will complain no matter what he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets