U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:25 AM

157 posts, read 495,390 times

Advertisements

We just adopted our 3rd dog from a rescue listed on Petfinder. He originally was a foster who we fell in love with, goofy as he is.

Some shelters and rescues on Petfinder are much easier to deal with than others. There are some that are located and supported by very wealthy towns, others can only afford to do basic exams and shots, others are one person operations who are constantly in debt with their vets. They all want the same thing, to find "forever homes" for their animals. Unfortunately there are a few who feel that if a person does not stay home full time, have a 5 figure income and drive a Jaquar, they are not deemed qualified. Thank God, they are far and few.
I think Petfinder is one of the best adoption sites out there. The work they did posting the Katrina and Rita animals (missing & found) was probably a lifesaver for many storm pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,855,055 times
I think they do great work. I was just browsing through petfinder and saw a dog I was interested in adopting. I too had to make several calls but went to see her and found another lady was also there wanting the same dog. The agency told me they had a puppy who had been found with other puppies in a box, she was the only one left because she had been hit by a car and her leg broken. All the other pups were adopted but Mia who was now 6 mos old. Of course, I took her. They had spent over $1,000 in vet bills on her. She has been such a joy and loves to run and play outside with her big sister Skeeter ,who I got from the pound. She is so good but eats like a horse. The pictures are of Skeeter lounging on the couch and Mia waiting on her food.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-23-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets