U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
 
926 posts, read 1,346,684 times
Reputation: 513

Advertisements

Hoosier Guy and VPCats, I know that I'm new here, but don't make me pull over! Either start getting along or I'll turn this around and we'll go back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,912,223 times
Reputation: 5980
But she started it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
 
926 posts, read 1,346,684 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
But she started it!!!
Zip it right now young man...I'll just spank both of you and then I'll KNOW I got the right one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,912,223 times
Reputation: 5980
Are you my mom???? You sure sound like her! If you're from Indiana, boy am I in trouble!!!

That is defintely a great one that I will have to remember with MY kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
 
926 posts, read 1,346,684 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Are you my mom???? You sure sound like her! If you're from Indiana, boy am I in trouble!!!

That is defintely a great one that I will have to remember with MY kids.
LOL...definately not your mom, and not even going to stoop to the level of saying, 'Hoosier Daddy?'

That was a line from MY childhood...there were 5 of us kids and Mom and Dad sometimes didn't have the time to decipher who instigated the incident, so when one messed up, that was the line we got. It was better than them telling us, "shut your mouth and eat"...That was a difficult one to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
3,570 posts, read 7,912,223 times
Reputation: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
LOL...definately not your mom, and not even going to stoop to the level of saying, 'Hoosier Daddy?'

That was a line from MY childhood...there were 5 of us kids and Mom and Dad sometimes didn't have the time to decipher who instigated the incident, so when one messed up, that was the line we got. It was better than them telling us, "shut your mouth and eat"...That was a difficult one to follow.

[whoooo. sigh of relief!] that phrase is something I've heard from my mom numerous times. She was one tough cookie...still is! I was usually the instigator that would drop into the background and let one of the younger ones who was always in trouble get it. My mom caught on quick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM
 
926 posts, read 1,346,684 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
[whoooo. sigh of relief!] that phrase is something I've heard from my mom numerous times. She was one tough cookie...still is! I was usually the instigator that would drop into the background and let one of the younger ones who was always in trouble get it. My mom caught on quick!
My mom was a whopping 5'1" and weighed every bit of 110 pounds but she was an intimidating giant hillbilly when she got amped up. She would spank us with her hand, no belt or paddle, and she ALWAYS would bust a blood vessel in her hand when she did it. Because of that, if there ever was a, 'line up and get swatted session', we all tried our best to get to the back of the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,802,682 times
Reputation: 6980
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Zip it right now young man...I'll just spank both of you and then I'll KNOW I got the right one!
Darn why weren't you around when my son was 3? I could have always used his "pretend" friend to make up the difference.

Take note Hoosier!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,442,136 times
Reputation: 10421
Hope I'm not too late with this ...

Jeeves and Wooster

Hoo boy will you please quit squabbling with the other kids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 PM
 
Location: State College PA
402 posts, read 2,029,162 times
Reputation: 255
I knew some people with female cats, both tabbies, named Bush and Cheney. We laughed every time we saw them, b/c Bush had a big "W" on her forehead, and cheney was standoffish. I know, I know, they're girls, but we'll never forget them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top