U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 PM

42,628 posts, read 44,108,180 times

Advertisements

What is the coolest pet you have ever had?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 AM

16,487 posts, read 21,027,441 times
Unusual pets I have had are llamas, a skunk, and a raccoon.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:38 AM

39,246 posts, read 40,617,533 times
To quote my one friend who hated cats and dogs... "That's the coolest dog I ever saw."

My dear departed companion of 12 years was one of kind... I know everyone thinks their dog is one of kind but it wasn't only me that has said it. This dog didn't have to be taught anything she just knew it. A dog that would happily play with kids or adults but leave you be if you didn't want to give her attention. A dog that could be left anywhere and you would know she would be there when you got back, no leash, electric fence or anything to keep her nearby required. A dog that knew how to get into into a tent without screwing up the fabric, she used to nudge the zipper with her nose. A dog that didn't beg where you could put a steak on the ground and she wouldn't touch it unless you gave it to her. A dog when she got in the car calmly sat in the seat with her forepaw on the rest looking out the window... sometimes I think she thought she was human. A dog that could be simply called from anywhere with a simple whistle who would immediately appear no matter where she was or what she was doing. A dog who would guard me when I was sleeping, my own mother couldn't get near me without getting a smile from Jenny.

She was special and you'll be very lucky if you ever have a companion quite as unique as her.

I have a new dog now... oh boy was I spoiled.
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me about your coolest pet!-jenny.jpg  

Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM

753 posts, read 2,218,307 times
Well I don't know if I would say they are cool, but my sons think their pets are the greatest ever. They have a Florida Red Belly Turtle and 5 Chinese Fire Belly Toads. The toads do make the cutest humming noises! The turtle is shy and dive bombs off the basking rock into the water to hide from me when I walk past.

My personal best pet is my current dog, Harley Girl. She is a flashy fawn boxer. She doesn't bark, beg, jump on people or potty in the house. Everyone loves her.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:39 AM

7,472 posts, read 6,454,001 times
Hands down, my now deceased Lhasa Apso, SK. He was the dog's ambassador to the world. (See my profile pic for us, together -- 2005, before he contracted bladder cancer.)

He used to sit and "commune" with neighborhood bunnies, when we went out walking. I couldn't take him in the other directions, until he'd visited for awhile.

People used to stop in traffic to roll down the window and tell us how cute he was.

Once, a HUGE tatooed, bald biker dude in black leather got down on his hands and knees to play with SK for quite a long while, and then got up and walked away without one word to me!

When we were out in the yard, he would find weeds for me, and stand staring at the clump until I would come over and pull it, then he would go find another.

As a puppy, I started playing fetch with him whenever I vacuumed, so he would associate the noise with fun -- to the age of ten, when he became ill, he would bring me a toy to throw the minute I got out the machine.

We ate popcorn, (air popped) together, and carrot sticks.

If I would become upset for any reason, he would come over, put one forepaw on my knee, and look at me with the other one up in the air, eyes saying: "Don't worry, I'm here."

Now, he's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or