U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,151 times

Advertisements

I am new here and i wanted to post some pictures of these handsome and loving boys as they where being such funny boys today!

Summit!

Jarret!

Summit!

Joe just loves his scratches!

Bandit!

Teddy!

Boo Boo and Teddy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM

139 posts, read 285,333 times
Aww, cute. I've always sort of liked rats. They have interesting personalities.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 AM

51,697 posts, read 13,035,635 times
Rats are good pets. I had a few in my days. People would come up to me when I would walk down the street with them on my shoulders..........great for starting up a conversation.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,108,828 times
Four and a half months ago one of my cats jumped into the yard with something in her mouth and dropped onto the ground a baby rat (garden variety Norwegian, very common here) whose eyes weren't even open yet. Yes, I often go on "rat swoops" and put out poison when a family who's stupid enough to come near a multi-cat dwelling starts getting too rambunctious, but I didn't have the heart to toss out this poor little thing who didn't have a mark on her.

The local vets are well used to my cat rescue efforts and many a time over the years I've gone to them for formula and bottles in order to feed some poor little unweaned kitten who's been dumped on me but they were quite confused when I asked them for puppy formula and the tiniest nipple they had. I very quietly whispered, "It's for a baby rat." "What?" A little louder, "A baby rat." Well they laughed so hard all the dogs in the back kennels started yapping.

"We KILL rats here!" they guffawed. Anyway, I bottle fed Miss Rat for about a week until her eyes opened and she started eating on her own. Although it was my intent to let her go once she was able to fend for herself I realized that this just wouldn't work as she was familiar with me and, if any of her family started to make melee outside again she'd probably be one of the first to be poisoned if one of the cats didn't do her in first.

I bought her an incredibly fancy three-story cage and she's living a life of luxury. Apart from regular rodent food she enjoys cat food (!), egg noodles, spinach, fish and Lord knows what else. She's VERY entertaining and although I don't let her out of her cage (too many nooks and crannies and CATS around!) she likes me to stroke her, closes her eyes and PURRS. Really.

As I write this she's outside enjoying fresh air and sunshine and one of the cats is laying next to her cage fast asleep!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 PM

1,463 posts, read 3,562,162 times
Great pics! Thanks for posting and sharing.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 PM

1,244 posts, read 2,531,791 times
aww! cute little babies! I like the spotted ones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets