U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:40 AM

71 posts, read 388,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Absolutely, positively. No doubt in my mind. I've had it happen with two animals, if not three. Always the same corner, always the same behavior from my pet.
I believe some of you are dismissing the physical world too easily. Have you considered that you have rodents living in the wall? Rodents can make noises at a frequency imperceptible to our ears, but not to your pet's ears!

Quote:
Also, he sometimes goes into a trance-like state and doesn't move for a few hours. Apparently it is common for ghosts to tickle his paws while he is in the midst of this period of inactivity; what other explanation could there be for all the twitching and yipping?
Every dog I've ever seen sleep does this. Humans do things like this. The trance-like state is called "Sleep." Specifically, they're in stage 1 sleep.

Quote:
Stage N1 refers to the transition of the brain from alpha waves having a frequency of 8 to 13 Hz (common in the awake state) to theta waves having a frequency of 4 to 7 Hz. This stage is sometimes referred to as somnolence or drowsy sleep. Sudden twitches and hypnic jerks, also known as positive myoclonus, may be associated with the onset of sleep during N1. Some people may also experience hypnagogic hallucinations during this stage, which can be troublesome to them. During N1, the subject loses some muscle tone and most conscious awareness of the external environment.
I'm not saying animals aren't in tune with the spirit world. Heck, my uncle's side family swears they are haunted. They don't even talk about it to anyone outside of the family, and they only do talk about it when drinking. But that doesn't mean every little behavior is ghosts, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 12:22 AM

522 posts, read 1,238,140 times
I believe so.
I had a Siamese that would stare into space sometimes pawing at it. Plus lots of strange stuff happens in my family.
I have noticed anything with my puppies though.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:52 AM

1,276 posts, read 2,989,490 times
I was just checking some older threads I'd started and was pleasantly suprised to find more replies to this topic, although apparently many others must have had experiences too to warrant APL's new show, The Haunted. Thank you to all who took the time to relay your experiences as often these topics are subject to ridicule(sp?). I personally haven't had such an experience but I don't discount anything as I truly believe there's a lot of strange things in this world that we don't understand. The way I see it is a lot of ppl seem to be having encounters and they can't all be crazy, so eventhough I haven't seen it, I do believe it very well may occur. I also know that I feel very protected with my pups near me.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,856,300 times
Won't go into details, but yes they can, too many skeptics that will try and place logic on why it happened. Yes they do, and yes they let you know it. His little demeanor changes and the looks, that is all i will say, for those of you who do, you know what i'm talking about.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I was just checking some older threads I'd started and was pleasantly suprised to find more replies to this topic, although apparently many others must have had experiences too to warrant APL's new show, The Haunted. Thank you to all who took the time to relay your experiences as often these topics are subject to ridicule(sp?). I personally haven't had such an experience but I don't discount anything as I truly believe there's a lot of strange things in this world that we don't understand. The way I see it is a lot of ppl seem to be having encounters and they can't all be crazy, so eventhough I haven't seen it, I do believe it very well may occur. I also know that I feel very protected with my pups near me.
Oh my gosh, i am glued to that show, THE HAUTED, wow, it really gets you thinking, but i have experienced things since the 90's and so have my animals, you only know to well when they do, but as i said on another post, skeptics will talk it away with there LOGIC they think. We do know better don't we.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh my gosh, i am glued to that show, THE HAUTED, wow, it really gets you thinking, but i have experienced things since the 90's and so have my animals, you only know to well when they do, but as i said on another post, skeptics will talk it away with there LOGIC they think. We do know better don't we.
Yes, I've always believed there is much more going on in this world than what we can explain or feel with our five senses, and we discount these reports at our own peril. I'm not a superstitious person at all either and I just feel that it's silly to think science has it all figured out completely, like there are no new discoveries to be made. Remember, just because we can't see something with the naked eye does not mean that it does not exist. Thanks again to those who posted replies, your experiences are fascinating.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:55 PM

158 posts, read 505,095 times
Some dogs are so psychically attuned that they can 'sniff' out illness such as cancer in certain people. I remember reading about one dog who always knew when his human was about to have a seizure.

I believe that animals are much more psychic than most humans are.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,254,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyaugusta View Post
Some dogs are so psychically attuned that they can 'sniff' out illness such as cancer in certain people. I remember reading about one dog who always knew when his human was about to have a seizure.I believe that animals are much more psychic than most humans are.
This is true. Giant African rats (they more the size of small cats) are trained to sniff out buried explosive devices, dogs can absolutely sense an oncoming seizure, and the presence of certain cancer cells - even before they are detectable by ordinary western medicine. Their senses are either far more developed than ours, or we have forgotten how to use ours. I don't know if it's being psychic or if these 'gifts' are just a natural state which we have forgotten exists.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:18 PM

Default APL's The Haunted

The season finale of Animal Planets show The Haunted is on now at 10:00pm and will repeat in an hour at 12:00am. This is such a great show for those interested in this thread topic. The only problem is I always have trouble sleeping after I watch this freaky show, lol! So, try to catch this finale if you believe our pets may sense much more than we humans.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM

A thousand times absoutely, the pets can sense what we cannot., let me tell ya yes they can in a nutshell. Their behavior changes drastically, when they sense the spirit world, they are also more astute to their surroundings then us humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or