U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 07:43 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,687,370 times

Advertisements

anyone have them?

i have one of a black cat that could be one of my cats (the first one i ever owned as an adult), but it wasn't meant to be.

i have an idea for a fairly epic one of my dog and cats which i will post a picture of if i can get someone to draw it the way i want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 08:40 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,259,039 times
No, don't have any tats. There's a thread somewhere on CD for tattoo afficianados that had people posting pics, some of them depicting their pets. What city are you in? I know of a few great artists here in Portland if you want their info.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,426,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
anyone have them?

i have one of a black cat that could be one of my cats (the first one i ever owned as an adult), but it wasn't meant to be.

i have an idea for a fairly epic one of my dog and cats which i will post a picture of if i can get someone to draw it the way i want it.
I read that title as though people were getting their pets tattooed!
Phew.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,687,370 times
ha, yeah, i realized after i made the thread that it could be interpreted that way! oops!

i live in pittsburgh so portland isn't gonna work for me! i have a lot of friends who are artists though, and i have a particular friend in mind to draw my idea. the tattoo artist is set cause i won a gift certificate in a raffle. i've seen his work and it's good though.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 AM

10,091 posts, read 36,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I read that title as though people were getting their pets tattooed!
Phew.
No, no tats here either.
But....people do get their dogs tattooed. It is another form of identification. It is usually done on the inside of the rear leg. Some think it is more efficient than any ID tag or microchip and it can not be erased and needs no "reader" to see it. It works the same way as micro-chipping with a # ID. We however, use micro-chips here.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i live in pittsburgh so portland isn't gonna work for me!
LOL, guess not! I meant to say I know of a few great tat artists! Still won't do you any good... I knew someone who had their driver's license # tattooed on their dog's under belly. It seemed so odd to me, since she got rid of the dog, anyway. Poor lil' thing, I bet that hurt to have it done.

My puppers has a micro-chip & I get it scanned when we go to the vet. Works fine.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:38 PM

1,587 posts, read 6,680,333 times
I had plans at one time doing my English springer on shoulder blade with a pheasant and blood drops but never did.

I do plan on someday in next year or so getting one with one or 2 of my hounds (problem is design how want it) with KR KENNELS on top of it and under all in
SAR Bloodhounds all in red letters..

Idea is either 2 heads or 1 on a track ...

Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,943,388 times
I have one of my cat Gizmo (hence the screen name), who died back in 2001... it's on my left arm, and always there to remind me of my baby.

And here's the photo it was based on...

I've also thought about adding my dog to that arm, and maybe a few other pets... one of my snakes would be super cool, but I can't figure out how to place it.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 PM

That's an excellent depiction of Gizmo, gizmo. Whoever did it really captured your cat beautifully. Hmmm, now I'm imagining how you could put Rudy on there together with a snake....I went to an artist about getting my eyebrows tatted and I got to look through several of her portfolio books that had all manner of pets in them. Snakes galore, dogs, parrots, etc. It can look gorgeous if done correctly.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:25 AM

29,041 posts, read 44,943,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
That's an excellent depiction of Gizmo, gizmo. Whoever did it really captured your cat beautifully. Hmmm, now I'm imagining how you could put Rudy on there together with a snake....I went to an artist about getting my eyebrows tatted and I got to look through several of her portfolio books that had all manner of pets in them. Snakes galore, dogs, parrots, etc. It can look gorgeous if done correctly.
Thanks! I think he did a great job too, and got it exactly as I imagined... a portrait but not too realistic, almost like the Aristocats cartoon (which is what I told him to aim for). I'd love to add Rudy and my snakes to it, but need to finish my backpiece before I think about anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or