U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:18 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,726,774 times

Advertisements

This is copied from an email my sister sent me and every single word in there is so true. . Something everybody who has a furbaby can understand. Sorry, the darling pictures that came with it didn't copy over.

FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS AND CATS

If You Didn't Have a Dog OR CAT...

You could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

Your house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, you could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

You could sit on the couch and bed the way you want, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

You would have money and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

You would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as you put their yet unborn grandkids through college.

The most used words in your vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

The house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

You would not talk 'baby talk'. The house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

The pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

You would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T,
B-I-K-E, G-O, C-A-R-R-I-D-E, F-O-O-D.

You would not have as many leaves INSIDE the house as outside.

You wouldn't look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

You could look forward to spring and the dry season instead of dreading 'mud' season.

You would not have to answer the question 'Why do you have so many animals' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.

How EMPTY your life would be!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 04:21 PM

1,457 posts, read 3,446,585 times
Ain't that the truth. Very cute.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:05 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,726,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
Ain't that the truth. Very cute.
I had to laugh when I read it since everything in it is true for our dogs. We use to be able to spell G O...however, they have caught on to that. So now I spell "r e a d y" when we are ready to go somewhere LOL.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:35 PM

5,677 posts, read 6,504,323 times
That's lovely. I'll have to print it out and stick it to the fridge. I am tired of people questioning how many animals I have.

Regarding words to spell out, I'd add: H-U-N-G-R-Y, S-O-M-E-O-N-E's H-E-R-E, going to the H-O-R-S-E-S (I don't always want them along), and quite a few others. It's amazing how much they understand.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,845,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
That's lovely. I'll have to print it out and stick it to the fridge. I am tired of people questioning how many animals I have.

Regarding words to spell out, I'd add: H-U-N-G-R-Y, S-O-M-E-O-N-E's H-E-R-E, going to the H-O-R-S-E-S (I don't always want them along), and quite a few others. It's amazing how much they understand.

Your oh so right, animals understand I feel more then we realize. And can sense those that we can't.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

1,034 posts, read 3,855,343 times
I have to spell out G-O, P-A-R-K, and R-I-D-E. I am one of those who has just one dog who occupies so much of my life. She is a one year old terror who will soon be back in formal training and then on to agility. I wish I could add more dogs to my brood, but I've got a grumpy, elderly cat who is very fragile and not in good health. I've decided to wait until she passes so she doesn't get more stressed. But that dog of mine...not a day goes by that she doesn't make me smile.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM

18 posts, read 33,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

No matter where I am in the yard/house, if I even THINK "walk" Maggie picks up on it.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 PM

89 posts, read 444,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I have to spell out G-O, P-A-R-K, and R-I-D-E. I am one of those who has just one dog who occupies so much of my life. She is a one year old terror who will soon be back in formal training and then on to agility. I wish I could add more dogs to my brood, but I've got a grumpy, elderly cat who is very fragile and not in good health. I've decided to wait until she passes so she doesn't get more stressed. But that dog of mine...not a day goes by that she doesn't make me smile.
I also have to spell out W-A-L-K and C-O-O-K-I-E or my dog will go nuts. Haha. You mentioned that you're going to work on agility training. I just ran across this video that inspired me to be more active with my dog. It's the first-ever winter games for the Incredible Dog Challenge. The dogs and their trainers are from the US and Canada. Some of the downhill ski events actually have a human vs dog race. It's pretty amazing what you can train a dog to do.

I bet your dog would be great at something like this, don't you think?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,845,527 times
Truth be told about our animals and this is so very cute. ANIMALS know much more then us humans give them credit for, don't they. Dogs sense and know so much more then we give them credit for, i love it. Our dog just understands a little too much for his own good. He does get so sad when he knows he will be the only one home. When we come home who ever does first, he is around the side of the home, you can see him under the gate, smelling, he also knows the difference in which cars we drive. What would we do without our pets.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:39 PM

89 posts, read 444,162 times
haha. my dog can sense me down the street. My mom watches him while I am at work and she said that she knows when my car is coming up the street, even if I am down at the end of the street. She says that he gets super excited and bolts down the stairs.

I love my dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets