U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 AM

90 posts, read 338,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
From what I've learned the lamb in the Canidae is imported, however that's a good thing. All lamb for dog food that is sold both here in the States and also sent to other countries comes from New Zealand as they have the cleanest lamb. The US lamb cannot be shipped out of the US or so I'm told.

Having said that, yepperz, I feed Canidae as well
Where did you find that out? All of the research I have done has said NO imported products? Even on their website it states: All CANIDAE and FELIDAE ingredients are of U.S. origin, proudly raised and produced within the United States of America, and all formulations are produced in U.S.D.A. and F.D.A. approved facilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 AM

4,654 posts, read 15,737,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblueyes View Post
Where did you find that out? All of the research I have done has said NO imported products? Even on their website it states: All CANIDAE and FELIDAE ingredients are of U.S. origin, proudly raised and produced within the United States of America, and all formulations are produced in U.S.D.A. and F.D.A. approved facilities.
I stand corrected, it's not where Canidae gets there lamb. We sell about half a dozen brands where I work and I got it twisted with something else. Sorry about that. Going to go hide in the corner now

I will also get with our distributor to see which one imports the lamb so I have my facts straight.

Last edited by cleosmom; 06-04-2007 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 06-04-2007, 09:06 AM

90 posts, read 338,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I stand corrected, it's not where Canidae gets there lamb. We sell about half a dozen brands where I work and I got it twisted with something else. Sorry about that. Going to go hide in the corner now
LOL np...I was just confused because I went through some extensive research when I switched. I was planning on switching before the chaos and that just pushed me over the edge. I love Canidae though. So far, so good and it was scary to switch because my second and third choice both had recalls within their companies that came out right after I switched so I was a little freaked out. I went with Canidae over those two at the last minute for no other reason than a gut feeling. I had to drive 30 minutes away to get it and I couldn't be happier.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,372,542 times
I did hear a couple days ago that there's an Ohio plant that has been found with the contamination. They said more recalls would be forthcoming, but I haven't been able to find out any more about it.

Just want to mention that "*only* USA produced/manufactured food" may not
be sufficient protection any more. Wouldn't want anyone to fall into a false sense of security, just in case something else is about to fall on us.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 8,685,561 times
Guys.....I am doing it!
I am switching my two "peanut m&m's" over to partially cooked/ raw, get away from that gosh darn dry food, they don't want to eat anymore.
Doing my homework right now as we speak.....
I am just sick and tired of the recalls, and putting my dogs lifes at risk, because of those idiots oversees trying to "stretch" things, reckless and are just after money.
Sorry, my pups are part of the family, and I wouldn't cheopardize the life of my kids either! Right???
Having no regards on how many animals they will kill, because of it, in the process......It makes me absolutely SICK!!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:02 PM

284 posts, read 1,563,534 times
Our dogs love Nature's Recipe! They don't use beef, corn or wheat in any products because they are hard to digest. We mix a little wet in with the dry. The dogs love the variety offered -- esp. venison and rabbit. We can't get the fish here, but the dogs love it when we travel. The treats are great, too. The venison treats are favorites.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 PM

157 posts, read 494,996 times
I have been using By Nature All Natural by Blue Seal for about 6 weeks now. They love it. Its made in VT with all natural ingredients and no wheat or corn. I had been feeding Nutro Natural but switched because some of their food had been recalled (not dry dog food but made me nervous)

Old 06-06-2007, 05:18 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,910,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aween View Post
We used to feed Innova dry.(Great food) But then discovered Merrick.
So Merrick it is. (Turducken) I like it because they use organic chicken and the furkids go crazy for it.
My dog loves the Merrick too, but only certain flavors... his favorites are the ones with whole chicken thigh & breast (can't remember the names), and I actually bought the Turducken on our last shopping trip. I was affected by the recalls, since he used to get IAMs canned, so we're now doing a combination of Merrick and Pro-Plan sliced... strangely, my cat decided that she LOVES the Pro-Plan, and will actually make my dog wait until she's eaten her share.

As for the dry food, I've been giving him this brand called BLUE, at the recommendation of a PetSmart employee - PetSmart - BLUE Adult Formula Dog Foods
He seems to like it pretty well, but he's always picky about the dry food - so no backflips over it or anything, LOL. I'd also recommend the Royal Canin brand, though my dog's never had it... but I've been giving it to my cats for years (Oral Sensitive & Indoor varieties), and they absolutely love it. It's also very gentle on the stomach, which is important since my older kitty throws up anything that isn't.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:59 PM

3,684 posts, read 10,982,798 times
Evidently there is a recall of Old Roy food (I'm not sure who makes this) due to salmonilla poisoning. It was on the news today. *sigh*

Old 06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 8,685,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Evidently there is a recall of Old Roy food (I'm not sure who makes this) due to salmonilla poisoning. It was on the news today. *sigh*
I am really so disappointed by this whole, seemingly never ending, recall thing....
I hate to see animals suffer, getting sick, dying, because their food is bad, thank's to the business practice, or lack thereof.
It always boils down to the almighty dollar. Doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or